How to re-open a ticket after its been closed - Timer

Once this leaver ticket has been closed. In the background I would a ticket to be re-open again with ticket details of the leaver and go to service desk. How can i achieve this?

image.thumb.png.cf2d2b6e996ec8c97ba817b9ece72838.png

This is very helpful. How about a new ticket being opened and sent to service desk 1st line and the subject is carried over and something in the box of the ticket that says (Its now been 90 days since LeaverName  has left the business please close AD account) is that an option and how do i do this?

One of the options is Copy Owner, and the most likely scenario is that the Owner is also the person who resolve the Request.

I don't think it's possible to assign it to the same person who resolves it, as this could be a Basic User, Contact, or the System, depending on how the Process is configured, and only a User can Own a Request.

23 hours ago, Steve Giller said:

One of the options is Copy Owner, and the most likely scenario is that the Owner is also the person who resolve the Request.

I don't think it's possible to assign it to the same person who resolves it, as this could be a Basic User, Contact, or the System, depending on how the Process is configured, and only a User can Own a Request.

@Steve G The last part i am stuck on is. How to i get the new ticket to be created and sit on hold for 60days?

hornbill 2.png

hornbill 1.png

1 hour ago, Shamaila said:

Yes

I can see on a hornbill automation node that there is an option to update request and then you can set sub-status. However im not sure i link it the work flow as it may chance the original ticket? Not sure that makes sense ?  

@Shamaila  

I'm not sure of the logic for using the same workflow: From what I've read in this thread it seems that you are performing the Leaver actions in the original Request, then creating a new Request to perform any "clean-up" operations 60 days later?

To me that would suggest that the Logging & Account Expiry and Account Decommissioning stages would already be complete and there's no value in using that Workflow.

If you Raise the new Request against a different Workflow you could easily start this with a few checks to ensure all the required information is there, once confirmed set the Status/Substatus accordingly and use a Suspend node set to expire after 60 days. Using the same workflow would require some potentially complex logic to detect if this is an original Leaver ticket or a secondary one.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Steve Giller said:

@Shamaila  

I'm not sure of the logic for using the same workflow: From what I've read in this thread it seems that you are performing the Leaver actions in the original Request, then creating a new Request to perform any "clean-up" operations 60 days later?

To me that would suggest that the Logging & Account Expiry and Account Decommissioning stages would already be complete and there's no value in using that Workflow.

If you Raise the new Request against a different Workflow you could easily start this with a few checks to ensure all the required information is there, once confirmed set the Status/Substatus accordingly and use a Suspend node set to expire after 60 days. Using the same workflow would require some potentially complex logic to detect if this is an original Leaver ticket or a secondary one.

Agree i now have a new catalogue and workflow- so just stuck on and error i get now on the back of the below. The ticket is still not going on hold?

I have also used the suspend option but still doesnt put ticket on hold?

bpm12.png

BPM1.png

41 minutes ago, Steve Giller said:

@Shamaila  Without seeing the full error it's difficult to be sure, but I'd suggest changing the Reason field to Manual, and entering a suitable piece of text.

Despite the option to "Automatically pick up the value" where there is nowhere to pick up a value from, this will cause the node to fail.

Legend!!!!!! Its on hold! perfect! thank you so very much! learnt so much in the process too! @Steve G

• 5 weeks later...

@Steve G @Victor I currently have an automation which is highlighted that opens a new ticket. 
How do i get a hornbill automation to open another Catalogue and then carrying on with closing the ticket? (Not sure that makes sense? )
So open a new request but follow another workflow  below? 

So the request-leavers process then opens a new ticket but using this flow - 

At the moment the leavers ticket closes and it does open a new ticket but what i want it to do is close the leavers and open a new ticket with leavers laters actions workflow? can you help please?

image.thumb.png.65c2e00a6e9942142613bb5d50b17813.png

So image.thumb.png.0926972dcb2b2dcb5868a31ea0eb6321.png

image.thumb.png.6a24aa2eca3fead036d1b0be2ac5f2d9.png

@Martyn Houghton  Thank you getting back to you me

Strange i did enter the below which i believe is correct but it just error'd - Do i need to enter it in some sort of format ?

Service - Employee & Account Services

Catalog Item  - Employee Leavers- Tidy-up actions

image.thumb.png.fc47e577d6cb3cd5f4921d96c7766a47.png

@Shamaila

Just looking at one of our services, the Service field should be a populated by a drop down so in you would select 'Employee & Account Services' for that. If you do have catalog items (would be the section below in your screenshot above) you do need to enter this manually with the exact matching Catalog name.

image.png.a335ee7f56f5a22a7d8f23544bca51fc.png

Cheers

Martyn