Intermittent error "this page does not exist"

Joe

Has anyone else experienced this intermittent error which we have had a few times? You will be logged on to the employee portal and try to navigate either to a service category or back to company home and the error "This page does not exist" arises, attached. Logging off/on again and the problem has gone away. I've seen it in Edge, and also in tandem with "Disconnection Problem" but not found a pattern yet. With Basic or User accounts.

This page does not exist.png

Hi, Thanks for the response!  It's been reported by multiple people. Since yesterday I have reproduced in Chrome, latest version, also. The scenarios I have experienced are when the browser has been left in employee portal and returned to after some time. If in service manager but not in employee portal then we get the "disconnection problem" but not the "page does not exist" error. I'd expect with some applications that you might get automatically logged out after a period of inactivity but to me this feels like authentication is expiring ungracefully! Is there disconnection/inactivity timer functionality somewhere?

Sorry, further feedback from my colleague. He is able to navigate service manager and get to employee portal but even then he gets the page error when he clicks on either of our service category pages e.g. the central IT page in the example.  He made a short video if you want to see it! This was after entering the system freshly authenticated.

Thank you for the video @Joe.

From what I see is not displaying any of the domain pages. I can see you are not the domain owner. Can you please check with the owners if the pages are published? Perhaps is still on design mode and no person will be able to see it unless is the domain owner?

Regards,

Daniel.

Regarding the disconnection. Do you see a message like this by chance?image.png

The session will time out after several hours of inactivity, it will usually happen if you don't log out from Hornbill when you finish our day. 

There is a chance that you will get this "This page does not exist" if the session has timed out, but you will also see the popup message.

Daniel.

The video was from my colleague, and I have see the same error from my own account and also a student account. I'm the domain owner and both of the domain views are published. I'd agree with you that inactivity looked to be related if my colleague from the video hadn't just opened his browser. Have you more details on the inactivity threshold e.g. how long and where is it configured, so I can explore further?

Hi @Joe,

There are two settings:

For basic: communications.basicSessionIdleTimeout in seconds

For Users: communications.sessionIdleTimeout in hours

The default for a full user is 8 hours and for a basic user is 15 minutes.

I don't know what else to try for replicating this issue. 

If you have more replication steps please send me.

Thank you,

Daniel.

Perfect, thanks. I'll have a look at those settings. 

Re reproducing the error, if you access employee portal, allow your inactivity timer to expire, then at the "Disconnection Problem" message reply "no" (as you might do if you had entered a lot of info) then you will get the error if you try to navigate to a Service Domain page. If navigating to the Home page you get a slightly different message "The 'Home Page' has not been created yet".

Workaround is to refresh/authenticate and all is well. 

Thanks for your responses Daniel. I think we understand now, and can advise our folks accordingly.