View filter for 'before x days' not working

Guest Paul Alexander

Guest Paul Alexander

I have this filter applied, looking for requests whose status is resolved, and where the 'resolved on' date is more than 30 days ago, but it's coming up with some odd results:

image.thumb.png.d6403f4fba17137d0c0e251142b32270.png

Am I using the filter correctly??

thanks

Hi Paul,

I have tried it on my instance, and i get similar requests numbers back which are only Resolved in the last 5 days, as after 5 days our requests move to Closed Status (I presume you may also have the 5 day auto closure set in your BPM's) so in effect I think the report is looking for anything that is still in a Resolved Status for the last 30 days, and as most of our requests move to Closed after 5 working days it is only showing the most recently Resolved.

So might be worth looking at the Closed request data for the last 30 days, along with the Resolved 

FYI - Tried this request list view on our instance, and with just Resolved I am seeing 21 requests, but with Closed and Resolved I am seeing 543 requests, 

Hope this helps

Thanks
Adrian

Guest Paul Alexander

HI @Adrian Simpkins

Thanks for that....I'm trying to see whether our requests are closing as they should be (we have a similar system to you where the BPM should Close the requests after 5 days) but I know that some aren't working (because we've got so many requests and I know that some weren't configured correctly at the beginning - and I've left it far too long to see which ones aren't working!)

So, what I was looking for was a list of requests in the resolved state, and which have been in that state for longer than 5 days. That was I can see which BPM's need to be checked to make sure that the 'close after 5 days' option working. 

I CAN do this using just the 'resolved' search, but I was trying to filter out the ones which have been resolved for longer than a few days, hence the 'resolved on' search. I've now done this (using the search for 'resolved status' option) but I thought maybe Hornbill could let me know why the 'resolved on' in the last x days wasn't working.

thanks

Paul

@Paul Alexander thanks for posting up.

I've just been checking this out and you are using it correctly, however I am seeing a similar issue to you where it does not appear to be correctly applying the filtering for the "before x days" option.  I'll raise a problem to investigate this further, in the meantime the "before" filtering option with a specific date is filtering as I would expect so I'm not sure if you're able to achieve what you need to with that as a temporary workaround?

Kind Regards,

Dave.