External Frame Widget Size Control

AlexOnTheHill

Hello,

I have seen the External Frame widget go live today and had a go configuring it.

I am able to get it to show external sites however it only provides a narrow letterbox view of the site.

Would it be possible to control the verticality of the widget?

Our intention is to include a support bot and looking at the example conversations many of the responses take up more than the default vertical space allows.

Many thanks

Hi @AlexOnTheHill,

We can look at the height. Can you please tell me where are you using the External Frame Widget? As the first widget or in the middle row? (see my screenshot) 
I'm asking because the first frame uses a different height than the rest of the rows.

Also, I'm very sorry to say it teh 2nd time... and it feels embarrassing but we had an issue with our latest build and we had to revert again because it was impacting many customers. So you probably saw the IFrame for a short time, but it was removed again. We are working on a new build with a fix.

Regards,

Daniel.

image.png

Hi Daniel,

Oh dear, I see what you mean, the external frame widget has gone back to saying not available.

The widget is 4 columns wide and is the last, so has the same height as the one in your example but is placed where you have a text widget.

I also notice the widget uses a url rather than an iframe link which could offer a bit more dimension control

Here's an example of what we see (before the update was rolled back):

Image preview

Hi @Daniel Dekel

By URL I mean a regular web address such as https://visitwarwick.co.uk/

By iFrame URL for embedded links I mean addresses like <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/sFeM8cHN6TE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm not sure why the image appears to be broken, I can see it and can copy the link to download it also.