Searching for Users in Admin - issue with returned data

Adrian Simpkins

Hi All,

So i have noticed that searching the User database it appears to be behaving slightly erratically in the returned values. For example I am searching for a customer with the surname 'Norris' - if i search with just Nor it returns all matched values, however as soon as i add the 4th letter r no values are returned at all, then when i tried it again it worked correctly and returned values when i entered Norr - it also doesn't always find the username correctly so i have to clear the search results and start again. Other times it finds the name first time, other times I have to enter a portion of the name then manually eyeball the returned values.

Not a massive issue, just a bit frustrating when working a list of names I need to check in Hornbill! This appears to be happening in Edge and Chrome and as I mentioned its random as to how it responds. Is anyone else seeing the same behavior at all?

Many thanks

@Adrian Simpkins Not something I have seen, but potentially could be a browser caching issue if the search failed the first time but then worked the second time.  I would expect it to fail every time if the problem was with the search.  I'll have a play around with my own system to see if I can reproduce this.

• Like 1

Hi Steve - this is searching in Home / System / Organisational Data / Users - trying another account now with a surname of Kuriakose - when I search with Kur I get values returned, however when adding just one more letter I get the response 'No users found'

Many thanks