Power BI - ADO.NET: R script error. Error: The report 'xx' is already running.

Hi @Steve G,

When refreshing the Power BI query I constantly get the following error which halts the import. When rerunning the refresh multiple time it sometimes goes through.

ADO.NET: R script error. Error: The report '47' is already running. Please wait for it to complete before attempting to re-run the same report. Execution halted

Any advise on how to resolve this?

Already disabled some old queries which are not updated anymore to minimize the reports generated. Also adjusted suspendSeconds to a higher number but still no affect.

# Suspend for X amount of seconds between checks to see if the report is complete
suspendSeconds <- 10

Rind regards,

Mark

Hi @m.vandun,

This message just means that the report is already being run on your Hornbill instance, either from the admin tool or a script that has executed it. You can check the running status of a report in the admin console - it's on the Status column in the Report History tab. You (or your automated scripts) will need to wait until the current report run is complete before firing off another request.

Cheers,

Steve

@Steve G

Just tried refreshing again and still the same error. The last refresh I tried was yesterday and completed after a few tries. Checked the report section but there does not seem to be a report generated. The last reports are from 11-11 and 12-11 in the overview.

report 46:

image.thumb.png.870b6862b5321c2656fe88e7054824d7.png

Report 47:

image.thumb.png.06259a30c973b4ecf889ec1d4027a629.png

Yes, getting this more often after changing of the R Script. It usually complete running after a while ( even if the report itself is very small with less than 50 rows).

I have also notice, that since changing of R Script, the reports are taking too long to run and load in PowerBI

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi @m.vandun,

Are you the only one triggering those reports? or are more (PowerBI) users/processes (eg a dashboard or so) potentially querying that same report at (nearly) the same time?

Is there a load-balancer/proxy or something going out to Hornbill which might trigger the running of the report before your connection is made? I remember once dealing with IE which hit a WebServer twice on a POST: first time with an empty payload (to trigger an expected authentication) and the second time with the payload. If, in this circumstance, a middleman sends two full payloads (i.e. triggering the report to run on the first and the "report already running" on the second) , and only passes the second response to the client (R-script), then that might account for the above behaviour.

Hi @m.vandun,

The scripts shouldn't be triggering it multiple times, my concern is that perhaps there is a proxy/firewall layer in between which (for whatever unaccounted for reason) might be throwing a spanner in the works.

Are you running with "deleteReportInstance" set to true? if so, please set to to false, so we can confirm whether a report was triggered by the PowerBI.

Another option would be to increase/set "suspendSeconds".

Also, what are the results if you run a(n existing) "HistoricReport"?