Service Status Page

Stephen.whittle

Hoping someone can help with this either a customer or Hornbill admin. Many suppliers such as Hornbill have a service status page (https://status.hornbill.com/). Is this functionality available within Hornbill now or is it being considered a function for future release? 

Having the icon on the service to demonstrate service availability is already there and I recognise that however, if you have a large volume of services and they are not all located on the same page it is hard for a user to understand whether there is a known service availability issue or not. 

• Like 1

@Stephen.whittle on the employee portal, you can configure a Services widget to only show those services which are in an impacted status so those, which are currently impacted - in the example below i have one widget showing all my IT Services and a separate one showing only the services which are impacted.

image.png

In the configuration of the Services Widget, you can choose to only show impacted services

image.png

Hope that helps

• Thanks 1

Thanks @Steven Boardman by using this approach does it still allow users to click on the service links and place requests though? I quite like the static view of the service status page Hornbill use and was looking to do something similar for infrastructure as well as services we offer via the portal. I am guessing your recommendation would be to create services with no catalogue or request items and use purely for service status reporting purposes.

@Stephen.whittle the approach above would allow them to access the service by clicking on the link - of course this type of widget would be dynamic, in the sense if the service's status was set to impacted, it would immediately show on the widget.

Other approaches if you prefer a static view, could be to either create a simple Text type widget, which is updated manually when you have service availability issues (another action to take i know) 

image.png

Another consideration will be to leverage a new type of widget which will be available very shortly - this will allow you to embed an external URL inside an external frame widget - in the example below i have created a child page on the employee portal and added the BETA widget (external frame), and used the above (https://status.hornbill.com/) URL to demonstrate the presentation of an external page inside a Hornbill  widget

So with this i am just suggesting if you wanted to create a custom web page (displaying the data as you like), you'll be able to embed and display this inside an external frame type widget very soon inside the employee portal.

image.png

Just some additional ideas, hope they help

• Like 1