Broken Power BI Integration

Hi,  

Have their been any changes that would impact Power BI integrations?  It was working fine a week or so ago and now I'm getting the following erorr:

ADO.NET: R script error. Warning message: package 'httr' was built under R version 3.6.2 Warning message: package 'jsonlite' was built under R version 3.6.2 Warning message: package 'readr' was built under R version 3.6.2 Error: Argument 'txt' must be a JSON string, URL or file. Execution halted

Regards,

Will.

Hi @Will J Douglas,

I was able to replicate this, it appears to have been caused by a change in the platform. I've updated the R scripts to cater for this, v1.6.0 is on Github now.

You may still get the 'httr' was built under R version 3.6.2 warning - this is due to a mismatch of the version of R and the httr library on your local R installation. Updating the module from the R package library on your machine running R should sort that. 

Thanks,

Steve

Hi @Steve G,

Since V1.6.0 of the R scripts the data is loaded again but is now all data is scrambled. The data is not added to the correct column anymore in Power BI. Any advice how to solve this? It seems that Power BI is not able to handle text where a comma is used within "".

Regards,

Mark

Guest Paul Alexander

HI @Steve G

Does this mean that we now have to update every report individually? According to our reports guru this happened about the same time last year? Is it a Hornbill platform change which has caused it, or something else please?

thanks

Hi @Paul Alexander,

There are two distinct issues here, one that's been fixed by an update to the R script that allows you to pull report data from Hornbill into Power BI (a correction to the response content type when API calls are made to Hornbill, that the R didn't cater for), and the second issue where CSV report data is improperly formatted. The second one I'm not sure about, as others in development are investigating that issue, but updates to that issue will be posted here:

Cheers,

Steve

@m.vandun @chriscorcoran @Paul Alexander @Will J Douglas

Afternoon all,

I've just released v1.7.0 of the R scripts - they now support using the XLSX output of the reports (as well as the existing CSV output), so you can get your Power BI reports back up and running now instead of waiting on the platform fix to the CSV issue (which is actually done and will be in the next platform update).

Hope this helps,

Steve

• Like 1