Auto Tasks - Generation of Tasks

Jeremy

With auto tasks, can it be possible to allow us to create a task on demand?

If this is not possible, then can we have more flexibility with the tasks in requests to be able to make them more like Human Tasks as the functionality of the 'standard' tasks with requests is quite limited.

• Like 1

@Jeremy @Alisha the concept of the auto task feature is that you will press a button, the action/s will execute and the auto task process will end, there is no concept of it suspending or waiting, which is why the approvals and tasks are not available. 

However are you suggesting you simply want an option to Add a task by pressing an auto task button?  i.e to all intent and purposes it is no more than a standalone task (which could have been created manually), which whilst it is linked to the request, it has no bearing or influence on the primary process running against the request, nor any further interaction in the auto task process, i.e the rest of the auto task process will execute and end and no dependancy on outcomes etc from the created task?

Do you have any use case examples you wouldn't mind sharing?

@Steven Boardman we have a process where we need to record notes of a meeting with students in requests and want to do this adhoc, I was hoping that some outcomes/fields we might be able to map to a custom field.

Adding tasks to the request manually are not going to work for this scenario as the options are not a rich as a human task that can be added via a BPM with questions etc

@Jeremy i see, I'll discuss with the teams but i don't think the auto tasks will be adapted to support 'waiting' for task completion and then using outcome questions to then update custom fields.

I'll see if there are other approaches which might work, for example enabling fields on manual tasks and perhaps auto tasks on activities / activity outcomes which could update the related entity (in this case a request) - just a brainstorm at this point but i'll raise the challenge and see if there are ways this could be overcome

• Thanks 1