Help with BPM decisions

Jeremy

I have had to draw this (apologies for my handwriting, strangely not a prerequisite for IT jobs!)

We have a PCF that has a multiple choice question, which dependant on the answer would like to log it to a particular team (seems easy so far) but as it is multi choice the user can choose a variety of forms of help in one form, then we want to be able to duplicate the requests in the BPM so that the relevant team gets a request to work on with their workflow etc.

Any help appreciated.

IMG_20201105_154545.jpg

I'd have though that this kind of layout would work:
image.png

With (for example) the 1st Line criteria being something like (to match 1, 2, or 5):
image.png

If you're using display values you could set it to PCF == Option 1 OR PCF == Option 2 OR PCF == Option 3 etc.

Edit: It looks like you have 3 options which means it's tempting to use the 3 available outputs - however it's always best to cover the "impossibility" of none of the conditions matching, otherwise if the impossible does happen you have a broken workflow and Support have the opportunity to say "I told you so ..."

@Steve Giller that works normally but as as the options for support they can choose more than one option, the BPM would not know which team(s) to assign to. So I was going to raise linked requests to the other teams if they are chosen, but then it would mean that the original request would be defunct and would be closed.

I'd say as a caveat that as an end user, if I raised a request, got a confirmation that it was raised, and almost immediately got a notification that it was closed but three others had been opened in my name I would be a little confused.

However, you could

1. Set a Custom Field to "Original Request"
  2. Test for each option in turn
  3. If the option was selected, and requires a separate Request
    1. Raise the linked Request
    2. Change the Custom Field to "Linked Request Raised"
  4. Once all options have been tested, if the Custom Field says "Linked Request Raised" close the Request off (this will work whether you've raised 1 or 100 linked requests)
  5. If not, progress the Request as normal.

Ideally we would keep the original request if there was only one option selected, but then raise linked ones for the extra chosen options. Can you work out if more than one option has been picked in the pcf via the bpm?

But otherwise we would just not send any emails as part of the 'original request' and also set the service to not visible in self-service. So the customer would just get emails for the requests that are raised.

So this is the question in the PCF

image.png.332924129600e5dc524acb86c0296d94.png

This is the simple list with the teams that deal with those specific types of requests (Do Team and Admin Team) and so want to assign the request to the relevant team, but if they chose Applying for DSA and Exam Adjustments then this is two different teams and so wanted a request to be raised to both teams.

image.png.5c08e51ebe5db5225a60a00fa11c1563.png

We are trying to make this as easy as possible for the customer, otherwise the only other option would be to ask them to complete this form for each type of support they want.

I don't think that what we want to do is possible, so may have to pass the question outside of hornbill to interrogate and then use and API request to create any other requests (if needed).

25 minutes ago, Jeremy said:

if they chose Applying for DSA and Exam Adjustments then this is two different teams and so wanted a request to be raised to both teams.

If that's the only scenario for multiple teams two options spring to mind:

1. Progress the Request via Tasks that are assigned to the relevant Teams for completion.
  2. Test for that selection and if matched assign the original Request to Team A and create a Linked Request that gets assigned to Team B

@Jeremyjust having a read through this thread - would you need separate tickets logged for every item that has been selected.....even if they are going to the same team? If not, the second option @Steve Gillermentioned could work here

When you record Checkbox Items, it concatanates the results into a single line separated by commas, so for example - if someone selected the first two items in your screenshot, the output is:

Advice on obtaining evidence (DO Team), Applying for DSA (Admin Team)

With that in mind, if there were only two teams would the below set up work or have I missed something?:

image.png

Kind Regards

Bob

• Thanks 2