Reporting on activities

Guest Paul Alexander

Guest Paul Alexander

I'm trying to create a report which will show all requests which have a 'live' activity with a particular title.

My current settings are: 

image.thumb.png.0c662ed6437eb5badaa6984930974c10.png

With no select filter, I get these results:

image.thumb.png.b7bc052383f359efc6ec6f49c272e5b6.png

And if I do a search for a task ID I get a result....

image.png.44f4ecd02177a8f124bbbf7455e48224.png

image.thumb.png.97d4829e3b3c9b5ac633fa0baecc16fd.png

But, as soon as I try putting any text in the filter to look for the task TITLE, it comes up blank (you can see in the list above that at least one of these results has a Title of 'authorisation' so I'd expect that to work...):

image.png.1f0eb36862baac71401ba89e806c5f1a.png

image.thumb.png.dd000ea4400bc589266a8a90fec386ce.png

I've tried with quotes, without quotes, with wildcards (* and %) and without, I've tried 'value equals' and 'value is like' and I'm still getting nothing. 

Any ideas please?

thanks

Hi @Paul Alexander

Try putting a % on either side of the value. This appears to work (I've just tested this).
To be honest, if you are using "is Like", I wouldn't expect this to be necessary to do so I'll feed back to the developers. But in the meantime, this should work - let me know how you get on:

image.png

ALSO - If you are looking for "Active" tasks against Incidents, remember to include some filtering around the State of the task. At the moment, your report will show you ALL tasks again the ticket, regardless of whether they are assigned, completed or cancelled. 
If you want the report just to show the currently Assigned open task - include this as a filter option:

Table: h_sys_tasks
Field: State
Operator: Value Equals
Value: 1

Kind Regards

Bob

Guest Paul Alexander

Hi Bob

I still can't get anything to come up when I do any search on the Title - regardless of putting % anywhere in the value to look for.

For the State options, if I put 'Value equals 1' then I get NO results:

image.png.18a00cd9249282a91b792de5d183cb58.png

image.png.38c6dd1a0351e0b8570a9a7c231a9cfe.png

If I put 'value equals 10', then I get lots of results.

If I put 'value LIKE %1%' then I get results where the State is 1, 10, or 16 (there may be others but the results are limited to 500)

If I put 'value LIKE 1%' then I get the same results where the State is 1, 10, or 16

If I put 'value LIKE %1' then I ONLY get results where the State is 1 (which makes NO sense to me!)

I then tried to add a filter to search for something in the Title, and it immediately broke again, regardless of whether I used EQUALS or LIKE and with or without %'s anywhere.

After adding the Title search, I then removed it and went back to the original search of just trying to get results using the 'state' field, and that also came back with nothing again, until I saved it and reloaded it - so could this be a timeout and/or a cache problem maybe?

thanks

Paul

Guest Paul Alexander

Haha.....and THEN....

I've got the report to run using JUST the State filter, which returns records in the preview window, so I thought I'd run this, get an Excel download and do the filtering there.

So, I ran it...and the download has come out empty....

:D

Guest Paul Alexander

Hi @Bob Dickinson

OK...I've got this sorted now. 

If I search for Requests where the Summary contains 'Migration' then I get some results - so presumably there IS a limit on what is returned initially. 

So, this works:

image.thumb.png.71e4731d4ed4a0b507d5e46c2d569d14.png

It's one to remember for me!! 

thanks

1 hour ago, Paul Alexander said:

If I put 'value LIKE %1' then I ONLY get results where the State is 1 (which makes NO sense to me!)

Just to clarify: This search means "ends with 1" so would also return 11, 21, 31, 4291 etc.
As you only get 1, 10, and 16 with '%1%' then with your dataset you'll only see records where the state is 1

Hi @Paul Alexander

Yes it does appear to be something to do with a timeout issue I think. I ran exactly the same report on my dataset (which is likely to be significantly smaller than yours) and the LIKE and EQUALS functions work exactly as I would have expected (and as you have tried in your examples above). 

If you wouldn't mind private messaging me your working report I'll just double check it on my instance and tweak it slightly to prove this is the case - but I do think it's showing the signs of it being an instentive statement that is causing the lack of results returned. 

I'm glad you got it working (in a way) in the end though! :)

Thanks
Bob

Thanks @Paul

So I made a slight amendment to the filter on my instance -  removed the % and changes it to "Equals" - and I recieved exactly the same results as with those things present:
image.png

So it must definately be something to do with the dataset here. I'll double check internally, but as long as you are getting the results you need for the time being then what you have should be fine.

Thanks

Bob