PCF - displaying information/choices to specific users

Jeremy

As part of the PCF that we have for raising requests we would like to branch based on analyst or team as we would like to display different information when logging a request to different teams i.e. Service Desk rather than Site Support/another Support team.

As when logging a request via the analyst route you know who the person is and their details, as this is used/picked up in the BPM.

Is this something that can be looked into please?

@Steve Giller @James Ainsworth  this is after you assign a team, but I was wondering if you can make decisions based on the analyst raising the request. 

The process that we have is for raising Critical requests, we want to prevent people from raising these apart from people on our service desk but they assign the requests to other teams so using the assign node doesn't work for us in this scenario.

The criteria for this would be "Raised By" but while you're in the ProCap you are still in the act of raising the Request ... so I don't think you can have a "Raised By" value, as it's not actually been raised yet.

When you say "People" are you referring to Full Users, Basic Users, Contacts etc?

@Steve Giller I am referring to Full Users raising requests via 'Raise New' button. As you say the option to make a decision by Raised By would be what we are looking for, as we can't make a decision based on.

My thought is that when raising requests this way, the system looks at access rights, supporting teams etc to decided some of the information that is displayed to the analyst so when going through the process the system must know who the person is before they get to the end e.g. the logged in session user?

Your thought is correct, however that isn't available as a criteria for a branch node in the Progressive Capture.
Also, your original spec has changed - the original post asked for different information when logging to different teams/Users - it's now morphed into logging by different Users/Teams.

I would achieve this by having different Catalog Items under the Service which are visible to different Teams:
Customers use the "Raise Request (Selfservice)" CI with the "Customer" version of the ProCap
General Users use the "Raise Request (Portal)" CI with the "Users" version of the ProCap
Service Desk use the "Raise Request (Service Desk)" CI with the "SD" version of the ProCap

Each CI can have the same BPM (assuming you don't rely on something that's missing from one of the ProCaps) but each ProCap can skip or add steps (e.g. the option to assign a Priority)