Service Manager Tasks assigning to another team and supporter Error

Nikolaj

Hello Support,

Can you please help me. It was possible for all hornbill users to reassign tasks to other people of other teams. But now we get this message.

Where i can find this setting that only the manager of a team can do this. 

image.png.a8e6d06a0c4e546aa25ce5edf0aad089.png

Thanks and best regards

Nikolaj

We have had issues like this - previously I was sure we could reassign tasks, but now we can't.

I thought the below option would allow this (provided the users where part of the supporting services) - but it hasn't helped us.

image.thumb.png.8aa389910fee1c90ebf07b887d964563.png

Be good to know if you get a solution to your issue @Nikolaj

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@nasimg The advancedRequestTaskCompleter setting allows a User to complete tasks that are not assigned to them, it does not grant them the rights to re-assign tasks.

@Nikolaj The onlyManagerCanAssignGroupUser setting, when true, prevents a User re-assigning a group task unless they are the Group Manager so turning that one would be more restrictive.

The criteria for re-assigning Tasks are listed under the Re-Assignment Rules section on the wiki page.

@Steve Giller Thanks for this update.

I understand the analyst can't reassign, but they also can't complete the task too (even though they are a member of a supporting service).

I didn't make it clear, I thought the advancedRequestTaskCompleter setting allowed any User to complete the task (provided they were a member of a supporting team of the associated request).

@nasimg The documentation is on the wiki.

Assuming it's not an Authorisation Task, I'd imagine point 3 or 6 are the likely explanations.

Also, this appears to be derailing Nikolaj's query about assignment by drifting into completion. If the wiki or the forums don't answer your question it would probably be better in a separate thread.

Hi @Steve Giller thanks for your help. Was this from the beginning like it is now? We create system tasks in our BP and these tasks will be assigned to a supporting team. One of the team will pick up this task but if for example this person is ill someone else should pick it up after but thats not possible. Make that sense?

best regards

Nikolaj

@Nikolaj

As far as I'm aware this has always been how it works.

We recommend assigning Tasks to Teams or to Roles for this reason, for example it is fairly common for Customers to configure the Workflow to assign the Task to the Request Owner - however if you assign it to a Group or Role and assume the Owner of the Request is the person responsible for the Task, then re-assigning the Request (either for operational reasons or staff illness etc.) has no impact on the Task.