HTTP Request Integration Help

We have set up a node for passing a JSON file out of all the questions from a PCF and we are trying to send this to another server that we have, we have enabled access to/from this server on our firewall to the Hornbill IP address but when sending the file there is nothing that is received and the node seems to mark it as a success which is not true.

I can send the setting of the node to someone in a PM if they want to see how it is set up with the details, below is a redacted version.

image.png.95b98d99311385aaf294ce28b39fdfc9.png

There is nothing that the remote server receives and in the SM log I can't see any errors but there is a lot of noise so struggling to work out the details of the integration in the logs.

We have nodes set up for Basic Auth and these work fine, but when we are trying this way is seems to be not working as expected. I highly presume user error on behalf of myself :blink:

Hi @Jeremy,

Did you get anywhere with this? At a glance, I would think that the endpoint is expecting a JSON payload, but the Body param doesn't appear to be JSON formatted - unless there's some JSON written into that pcf variable... :) 

I've just given it a test to be 100% sure though, pointing a HTTP Request node out to RequestBin, and the POST request was received as expected:

image.png 

Cheers,

Steve

@Steve G that is what I thought but there seems to be no traffic coming from that IP address when we try to test this node. I have updated to send a json test, but we are not seeing anything in our firewall logs to indicate that refused connections, just seems to be silence.

image.png.48149c113593ed095bf2556c106bd2c4.png

@Jeremy The easiest way to check if this is an issue with your endpoint or Hornbill sending the requests would be to setup your own RequestBin (I just used a free public one in the above test), point your HTTP Request node at that, leaving the headers and body as they are and just replace the URL, then check to see if the request is received when your workflow sends it. This should prove that the node and workflow are working, and that there may be an issue with your endpoint. 

Thanks,

Steve