BP/Workflow errors in SM build 2041

Victor
Message added by Victor,

A patch update for Service Manager app has now been deployed in all instances that were affected by this issue

@all

On Tuesday 27/11 afternoon at 17:00 PM the Service Manager update build 2014 was deployed to Hornbill app store. In this build we introduced a new setting to control the timeline visibility for posts that are generated by "Requests > Update Request > Service" Hornbill automation node. At 17.30 one of our Hornbill teams identified a defect with "Requests > Update Request > Status" Hornbill automation node. Development investigation revealed the new setting for the timeline visibility on "Requests > Update Request > Service" node impacted the "Requests > Update Request > Status" node as both nodes had the same string in the name. This meant that the code to generate the timeline entry did not correctly retrieve the visibility, ultimately causing an error on "Requests > Update Request > Status" node.

We realised the potential impact of the defect as it could affect workflows on a wide scale so a decision was made then to remove build 2041 from the app store. Unknowingly at that time, the build remained in the app store and although the automated update mechanism would no longer apply it, it could have been applied manually.

On Wednesday 28/11 morning at 09:00 AM we were notified that customers experience the issue on the workflows caused by the defect identified the previous day. It became apparent that the update was applied manually in several instances. At this point, we identified the build still being available for manual update so we have removed this option from live instances. Unfortunately, at this point, a number of instances already deployed the update.

Our development team started to work on a fix and create a patch update to have the issue fixed in all affected instances. We also had a workaround available which we communicated to all customers affected. The patch update was ready at 13:00 PM and we began the deployment on all affected instances. This operation was completed at 14:00 PM.

The circumstances of the defect have now been included in our set of test cases to avoid this issue in a future build. We are also reviewing our approach to update deployments as the removal of a build from app store proved to be unreliable.

We unreservedly apologise for this unfortunate event.

• Victor changed the title to BP/Workflow errors in SM build 2041
  • Victor unpinned and unfeatured this topic
  • 4 weeks later...

@Victor hello

I have just noticed that since that change on the 28th October that was applied, our Active Directory LDAP sync has stopped working, which means new users created are not being populated etc, can you look at this ASAP for Ireland and US right now, see below....

image.thumb.png.df441b222cd221e405c895987ccee025.png

image.png.b27ba207c42eb6ff10bb62f020652f30.png

That tab is a command-line builder. Once the command-line is deployed to the scheduling tool the data serves no real purpose and the API was possibly removed for security reasons.

The API key is linked to your Instance. Whether you have a separate one for each Country is up to you.

@Steve Giller I have populated the API key as per above and it is still failing when I run a manual sync etc...

This issue actually occured on the 28th October when Hornbill pushed out an update that was giving issues, so Victor made a change and created a new API etc and it hasn't worked since, so I would appreciate more support on this..........

@Steve Giller yes, it was created via the admin account which Victor used...

I mentioned this re the API key earlier in our conversation yesterday, can someone fix it ASAP please?

To be honest this is going on too long now, can you now remote in and take a look, our new users since 28/10 cannot log into Hornbill to create tickets etc...

Is @Victor not about?

17 hours ago, Steve Giller said:

Point 7 shows how to generate the command line to use either manually or within your scheduling tool (from your image that appears to be Windows Task Scheduler) in order to run the Import.

Is where it was explained how to use the API key in the command line.
Unfortunately I'm not in a position to advise on how to use your chosen scheduling tool as that is internal to your network and Hornbill have no control over this. I'm happy that this is working for you now.