BP/Workflow errors in SM build 2041

Victor
Message added by Victor,

A patch update for Service Manager app has now been deployed in all instances that were affected by this issue

Yesterday afternoon we have deployed SM build 2014 in live instances. Unfortunately, our tests prior to deployment did not reveal an issue that affected workflow "Update Status" nodes. This issue was found later in the evening at which point we have decided to remove the update from the app store. At this point however the update was already cached which meant the update was available to be applied manually in live instances this morning. There is a number of instances that applied this build.

The development team is now working on a solution and a new build with a fix will be ready as soon as possible. Meanwhile to avoid the issue on workflows the following workaround can be applied:

For "Update Status" workflow nodes set "System Timeline Update" parameter to "Ignore" (Requests > Update Request > Status node).

image.png

• Victor changed the title to Please read this if you noticed BP errors after you applied the latest SM build (2041)
2 minutes ago, John C said:

revert to the original settings again manually or will the update look after that?

Manually I'm afraid... the update only fixes the issue where "System Timeline Update" set to anything but "Ignore" would break the workflow...

@Victorthe reason I ask is because i am the only person with access to change these settings and I am off on hols from today for a week, so should i revert back to Manual in the ones I changed now by COB today regardless of the update being applied by then or not?

@Dave Longley and everyone else

We have deployed a patch update in all affected instances that resolves the issue. If you have applied the workaround on any existing workflow configurations this can now be reverted as is no longer needed.

We are now analysing the of the event in detail and will come back with a detailed RCA once the investigation is complete. We unreservedly apologies for the issue and we can only hope it did not cause too much grief on your day to day operations.

40 minutes ago, Victor said:

We have deployed a patch update in all affected instances

@Daniel it's already done, all affected instances have been patched. There is no other action needed apart from reverting any workarounds on workflows that might have been implemented earlier.

• Like 1