Progressive Capture Search All Users

Tina.Lapere

Hi,

I'm just running though some of our progressive captures ready for the new portal and I've noticed we are getting different results back within different progressive captures for the following settings:

image.png.5fb12f99fca8cfba7e5bbfff97bdc0e6.png

One field shows all the MV staff and the other one shows all the MV staff and all our contacts (which are from other organisations) - the latter I don't want as I just want them to be able to select people who work for MV.

Can anyone help me understand why this is happening please.

Thanks

Tina

Guest Mohamed

Hi @Tina.Lapere

Not sure of what you mean by the query returning results of different types, since the data provider: "Search All Users" searches against Colleagues, Basic Users and Contacts, and this behaviour shouldn't differ. As @Jeremysaid using either:

• "Search Co-workers" searches only against Colleagues and Basic Users
  • "Search Colleagues" only searches against "Colleagues"
  • "Search Basic Users" only searches against "Basic Users"

Are you using the Progressive Capture within the same environment i.e. The User-App compared to the Employee Portal or Service / Customer Portal

Hope that helps

Regards

Mohamed

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Mohamed Thanks for getting back to me.  What I mean by different results for the 'Search All Users' is that in nodes that where setup a while ago show just Basic Users and Colleagues however when I'm configuring a new node (or updating one) it now displays all Colleagues, Basic Users and Contacts.  Therefore I'm getting different results but having the same option selected 'Search All Users'.

What I actually want to display is all Basic Users and Colleagues (if that includes us as 'Users').  I shall therefore try 'Search Co-workers' as you've suggested and let you know how I get on.

Thanks

Tina