Logo Size etc (New employee portal)

John C

@Victor hello.

I am trying to move to the new Employee Portal and have pretty much everything configured bar having issues with my logo placement.

Under the orginal service settings, one could specify the logo height etc in my case it was 70, now I cannot get this option and the logo just sits on top of my image which is not what I want, basically the below image is what I would like again, the logo at the top then the image underneath. First image is my current config and what I want, second is the new employee portal and logo not right...

Oh, also, I cannot find the login/logout option anywhere either and the auto login to turn off too...

Thanks

image.thumb.png.113f85f39d74739d722f642046b36d23.png

image.thumb.png.9227f1528b0f0aafbaa4732e21fc2b9e.png

Hi John,

thanks for your post.

In the Employee Portal configuration there is one field where you can specify the height of the background image area, and another where you specify the size of the logo.

The height of the background image does have a minimum height requirement of 170px, however the logo can be set to 70px as you require. This is set in the field to the right of the image URL for your logo.

image.png

In relation to the logo positioning, this now is located in front of the main background image and, as it stands, this isn't configurable. The only thing I could suggest here is modifying/changing the background image to increase the contrast with the logo.

Dan

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your prompt response but that's very disappointing to hear to be honest.

I cannot change the image as these also tie in with our company colours if you take a look at my current service portal...surely positioning the company logo and the top on it's own should be a gimme!?

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your prompt response but that's very disappointing to hear to be honest.

I cannot change the image as these also tie in with our company colours if you take a look at my current service portal...surely positioning the company logo and the top on it's own should be a gimme!?

I also meant to ask where is the log on/log out option too?

Hi John,

I believe the positioning the logo in front of the background image was a conscious design decision to make better use of the screen real-estate.

However, there are also plans to expose a setting which would add a solid background to the logo which would overcome the situation where there is little contrast between logo and background image.

For one reason or another this doesn't appear to be available to us now, but it's something that will be added.

In the mean-time, a suggestion might be to create a new logo on a solid white background and use that.

With regards to the button to logout, this can be found in the navigation bar which is exposed when you hover over the tab shown at the top of the screen:

image.png

....then click on the user icon located to the right...

image.png

...and then clicking "Log Out"
image.png

Dan

OK - Thanks Dan

Just two other small things please, firstly is there a way to remove the icons in the pic below and secondly how or where can I upload a doc for everyone to view, as in instructions re VPN etc?

Thanks again

image.png.d649f9b77499faa8feea8799995645b4.png

Hi John,

with regards to the question around the menu options available within a service, these are not configurable right now. However, some will only be shown if there is content available in that area.

Your options for serving up knowledge content to users would be to leverage either of the following:

Documents:
These can be stored in Hornbill Document Manager (https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php?title=Document_Manager) and made available by associating Documents to a Service (https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php?title=Service_Details#Documents). I see you already have the Documents menu option available.

Service Manager FAQ's:
FAQ's are a feature of Hornbill Service Manager and are ideal for presenting smaller amounts of information or where a document is not required (https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php?title=Service_FAQs). When you have one or more FAQ's available, a new menu option will appear labelled FAQ's.

image.png
I hope that helps,
Dan