Document or FAQ suggestions within Service Manager

Lee Jones

Some ITSM tools I have used in the past have the ability to suggest FAQ or knowledgebase articles in real time as an analyst raises a new incident or service request.

An example is when you type a keyword into the subject line of a ticket, e.g. "printer". Any articles containing this keyword, or those tagged with this keyword, are presented to the analyst as suggestions. I've found this feature extremely useful in aiding the Service Desk to proactively use related articles, rather than spending time searching for any relevant article in what is effectively a separate module.

Any advice on whether this is possible in Hornbill would be appreciated, or indeed, if it's something which is on the product roadmap.

Many thanks

Hi @David Hall

This is exactly what I was looking for. It doesn't seem to work with documents in Hornbill Documents, but it will be useful regardless.

I have done some testing today and while I can get it working, it doesn't seem to suggest FAQs. As an example, I start raising a ticket with the keyword "Mimecast" in the subject and it suggests 99+ ticket records, but despite having an FAQ with the "Mimecast", it doesn't display. Is there something I'm missing?

Many thanks

Lee

mimecast2.png

mimecast1.png

newincident.png