Asset Import

Ann

Morning

I have an urgent query please.  Asset import is not working in the Asset Management Tile. Select Upload Assets and then choose an asset class. I select General, but this appears to have been renamed to basic and therefore the import fails as it does not recognise my type ("47") as a valid type for the class (general).  General appears to have been renames to basic but the upload asset page has been updated and I have an urgent import to run.  Thank you.

Kind Regards

Ann

On closer inspection the Product ID has not imported.  It just doesn't show on the results page, the product ID field looks blank, but when you open the asset it has data in there.  Please would it be possible to advise?

Hi @Ann

are you importing assets of type software ? In this case you need to populate:

swVendorId
swVendorName
swProductId
swProductName
swVersion  (this is the ID of the version)
swVersionName

with ID and name of vendor/product/version.
If you can double check that the values are set correctly, you should be able to see them in the asset list and the asset details page.
We cannot replicate the issue.

Regards
Armando

Hi @Ann

thank you for reporting the issue on the Product ID.  We were able to replicate it, the asset list not displaying the general property Product ID . 

This issue will be fixed asap and it will be available in one of the upcoming updates.  Apologies for the inconvenience. 

Kind Regards

Armando