Email Update Request Seems to have suddenly stopped working

Brhow

Hello, 

I cant pin the exact date down but sometime in the last few months the routing rules for automatic updating of requests via email stopped working.

As far as I am aware from enquiries no-one seems to have changed any settings. I have reviewed the routing rules and they seem fine to me but I must admit I'm not 100% sure of the rule expression.

Routing is enabled in the previous screen.

Thanks

image.thumb.png.16199c9bb331ebafbeefb7e1d212d10b.png

Hi,

I have compared your settings above to our instance and they appear the same, however our requests are receiving the updates. The only thing i can think is perhaps checking that the subject title is not being changed on the responses, and if this is the case the system will not autoload the email to the request. 

Thanks

Thanks Adrian,

I've tried sending emails directly to the instance with the incident reference copied and pasted into the subject but it doesn't like that either. 

eg. IN00001234

The emails are in the inbox as normal but it does nothing with them. 

image.thumb.png.579dbb9cfb5064faefe64195c2cffe57.png

Hi Brett,

Very strange, it sounds like it should be attaching to the request so i am unsure why these are just sitting in the inbox. Might be worth creating a new temporary subfolder for the Failed requests, then send another email to check that it is processing it (if it moves to the failed location at least you know it is recognising the email). Currently as your failed location is the Inbox it may not be obvious that the email was processed at all. At least this will confirm the email is being processed.

Other than that perhaps someone from Hornbill can comment further as to why your emails are not auto updating to the relevant requests.

Many thanks

Adrian

Thanks Adrian, 

Interestingly yes, they do get moved into another folder which I called failedupdate

How can i find out why the request failed to update? I do have pictures in my signatures which it treats as attachments, but i dont really want them to be attached

Cheers 

Brett

@Brhow
Could you post your current Routing Rule configuration, as the one above would not put any emails into a failedupdate folder - so either we're looking at a different rule, or the one above has been updated.
Additionally, please review the topics below, which cover the majority of issues with Routing Rules not behaving as expected.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Steve Giller thank you!

That article triggered a thought for me, several of the emails im trying to send from had been added to multiple accounts in AD for testing and such over the years.

Sorry for not looking at those articles, the search function on the forum never seems to return very good results for me so several searches for things like email routing update email etc. didnt find those. 

Thanks