Stop wiki markup changing answer in progressive capture answer

HGrigsby

Hi 

We have a process that asks for a password to be provided.  We have found that the formatting is changing the answer, for example if it starts with a #12345 the answer comes out as 1.12345, and a bulleted list if it starts with a *

How do I stop that happening?   I read about nowiki but wasn't sure where to apply it to format the answer.  I added it to the description but although it didn't change the # to a number it showed up as <nowiki>#123232123</nowiki> which isn't ideal

It changes it in the progressive capture and in the final ticket and this is causing some confusion.  I really need to display what is typed into the answer in both the PC and the BPM

Thanks Helen

• 11 months later...

We are also affected by this. How do we use the <nowiki> without it showing on each line?
 I found 

where the suggestion to use [code:sql] works as a workaround for us.

In our instance, we have an analyst who is attempting to update details which follow a syntax of using # symbols to signify certain lines. The # turn into 1. xxxx, where as we would like to keep them as #. 

For example the below should remain as is.

# Alert check for temp fin files
# Change Manage:  abc- HTH-NO1111

#list

Will appear as

1.list

regardless of whether there is a space between the # and the following characters.

[nowiki]# list[/nowiki]

Will appear as

[nowiki]

which makes it one to avoid

[nowiki]
# list
[/nowiki]

Will appear as

# list

which is the format you'd need. You can also achieve this by putting a space before the # - but I'm not certain how reliable this is as certain areas (not all of which are under our control) may strip preceding whitespace.

• Thanks 1