Feature request: Default email templates

Dan Munns

Hi all,

I am sure this has been mentioned before somewhere but I can't seem to find it.

Can we have default email templates where we can set a header and footer to be and then add our text in the centre? We are now using Service Manager across the group (3 businesses) and at the moment I am copying a template and then amending it but never seem to get the layout exactly the same and messing around with the fonts drives me nuts.

Being able to have a header with the relevant logo and variables for all emails and a footer with the same would make my life (and I am sure a few others) much easier.

Also being able to use the correct header depending on the home business of the user would be an amazing addition.

As it is I dread having to add new email templates :( 

Thanks

@Dan Munns ehm, feature request? Is current functionality not sufficient? :)

• set/create the template having the headers/footers that you want
  • put {{Message}} variable in the middle
  • disable app.email.request.operation.templateEditor
  • disable app.email.request.operation.templateSelectable

Profit!

@Victor it is not!

I meant more like per business templates rather than a global one. So I can have the group logo on emails to ExCo and individual headers and footers based on what business the user is working under.

Probably didnt explain it very well, I was writing this post and an email whilst on a Teams call so my brain was doing too many things at once. To be fair I think one thing at once is too many sometimes :D

Looking at it, it should have read 

26 minutes ago, Dan Munns said:

Can we have default email templates where we can set a header and footer to be business dependant and then add our text in the centre?

I literally started to write it and then my brain gave up after "to be". Doesnt even make sense without the red text lol

35 minutes ago, Dan Munns said:

but never seem to get the layout exactly the same and messing around with the fonts drives me nuts.

We can make it exactly the same and make it in such a way that users don't have to make any changes they can just start typing once the email action is selected and the template loaded and displayed... 

As for what you need, I think @James Ainsworth is much more suited to advise on what and ifs...

@James Ainsworthan example would be our Marketing workflow. It is a single workflow but is supported by 3 different Marketing teams. 

When we move to the new portal I have set up pages that show individual business logos depending on the users home business. Being able to do the same with email templates would be useful. Other wise I have to build in logic to work out what template to use based on user profiles, and I have enough BPMs that that will be a few days work.

Hi Dan,

Each Service can have a default email template which is why I was asking the question about if they are all using the same service.  If the notifications from the email are added using Hornbill Automations in the workflow, you could have a decision node prior to the email being sent that checks for the team and then branched to the appropriate email node with the set template.  

Does that sound something like what you are looking for?

@James Ainsworth If I can set it on a service by service basis then all the better.

So all our IT Sec tickets come from the group (as we have a 'central' IT Sec function) so we would only have a single template set up under that service.

But for services which are used by multiple businesses, have 3/4 templates setup and make it send on the template with the correct logo based on the user primary business (or some other field).

Maybe a drop down when selecting the templates to show which business will use which template.

If I can help it I dont really want to have to add in decision nodes to a load of workflows and make sure that it is added into all new ones etc. With the amount of teams and the amount of change that goes on around here it would rather quickly become a nightmare to manage.

If that is the only way (as I fear) if it could be set at the beginning of the workflow and will follow through all the way that would be best (like a get customer info>set default email template>[[primary.business]] kind of gig, or get request info>set default template>[[owning.team]], as customer and team could influence the template/pick a template if user doesn't have primary business set I guess)