Auto request update

Alisha

Hello,

I'm looking to amend our 'Auto Request Update' email rule so that if the subject line has our reference number sandwiched between other text, it will still update the request, e.g. 

Subject line: Text here - IN0012345 - Text here

If I add a % sign to the rule at the beginning, will this affect subject lines where the reference number is at the beginning of the subject?

Our current rule is like this:

REGEX_MATCH(subject, '.*\b[a-zA-Z]{2}[0-9]{8}\b.*') AND fromAddress !='email@somewhere.com'

How can I amend it so that the request will auto update no matter where the reference number is in the subject line?

Many thanks,
Alisha

@Alisha the rule should already do this (auto update no matter where the reference number is in the subject line). The part of the rule expression that does this is:

REGEX_MATCH(subject, '.*\b[a-zA-Z]{2}[0-9]{8}\b.*')

I won't go into technical details describing the REGEX above, but in a nutshell, this will match any distinct part of the subject that has a space in the beginning and the end (basically making it a distinct word) and it's a string that starts with two letters followed by eight digits (from 0 to 9) which is basically a request reference in HB.

• Like 1

Hi @Victor,

I've had a look at your FAQ, thank you.

Just realised that the subject line contains two reference numbers. One is the third party's reference number and one is the Service Manager reference number. Could the rule be looking at the third party reference number first and because it doesn't match, ignores the rest of the subject line?

Is there a way to get around this please?

Many thanks,
Alisha

@Alisha right, in this case is not the third party reference:

On 9/8/2020 at 9:10 AM, Victor said:

match any distinct part of the subject that has a space in the beginning and the end (basically making it a distinct word) and it's a string that starts with two letters followed by eight digits (from 0 to 9)

The third party reference is not a distinct word made of 2 letters and 8 digit. The third party reference does contain the letters and digits but they don't make a separate distinct word that would be a HB request reference.

At this point I would say use https://www.hornbill.com/support and give us a recent (past 7 days) example of this scenario and we will investigate.

• Thanks 1

For the routing rules that update requests, to cater for emails having both a HB request reference and an external reference the "Reference" field in the routing rule config needs to be configured accordingly. For the above scenario, the Reference field would have this value:

image.png