Unable to see custom attributes of basic users

HGrigsby

Hi

I have been using the custom attributes to mark users as either a VIP or pilot users as suggested in a few posts on here.

I wanted to add some users to a pilot today and find that if they are a basic user I no longer see the "About" tab which holds this information.

This seems  to be after the Admin tool update (1285) on Wednesday

• system - org structure - users: in basic user view only show details and organisations tabs.

Any ideas how I get round this?

thanks 

Helen

Hi @HGrigsby

Just to keep you updated on this one - we have made some changes to reintroduce the Manager and Custom Attributes to the Basic Users records in the Admin Tool. 

Providing there are no issues in testing, this is likely to be available on your instance on Monday/Tuesday next week. 

Kind Regards

Bob

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi @HGrigsby @Chris Winship 

The manager, and Custom Attributes have now been reintroduced for Basic Users (albeit in a redesigned view, with the manager now residing on the main tab, and the custom attributes in their own tab).

@Alberto M In terms of the information you store for Basic Users under “A brief description of the job” - is this populated automatically from an automated feed from LDAP/Azure? If so, which attribute do you use? And do you ever need to manually amend this attribute for users through the Admin Tool?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi @Alberto M

Thanks for letting us know. 
Typically that information would be placed into the Hornbill attribute Job Title which appears on the first user tab. Our UI developers have been making some more changes to improve the layout of the User Tool and remove from view some of the attributes that are generally not used in relation to Basic Users. This information will still exist in the database again the users so it will not affect your nightly import - and it can still be viewed in other areas where required (e.g. reports, the Coworker screen in the User App, through Progressive Capture Customer selection if configured).

Kind Regards

Bob