Limit automatic email attachments by size (<10kb)

Michael Sharp

Good morning,

We are finding our requests are being flooded by unwanted attachments from emails raised which we would like to eradicate so we can see only the useful content.  A simple measure we believe would be a throttling of attachments based on their size as anything sub 10kb is not likely to be anything usable (in the example below, the only useful attachment is the one listed as 102.4kb).  Appreciate this does give room for small notepad files however we can always refer back to the original email for these rather than them being automatically attached. 

image.png.e95b4e4ab32f7751da79cf2060553e81.png

I would imagine this would be developed as an adjustable system parameter as I appreciate other businesses may opt for higher or lower thresholds?

Thanks and regards,

Mike.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/1/2020 at 4:23 PM, Steve Giller said:

I'd suggest caution with something so arbitrary, for example I've just checked the images Customers have sent in to illustrate issues, and approximately half of those are under 10kb, with a number of log files similarly small.

@Steve Giller would be good to have the ability and as I said, a number we can input which would suit per business case.

Regards and thanks,

Mike.

On 9/12/2020 at 2:52 PM, Michael Sharp said:

Also @Steve Giller obviously the content won't be lost as will be available in the original email.  I want to limited what is AUTOMATICALLY attached from an inbound email.

Regards,

Mike.

Not if you delete it, then clear Deleted Items, however. Then the email and any attachments not added to the Request are gone forever.
We are looking into options internally, but I don't have any details on timescales.

On 9/14/2020 at 9:07 AM, Steve Giller said:

Not if you delete it, then clear Deleted Items, however. Then the email and any attachments not added to the Request are gone forever.
We are looking into options internally, but I don't have any details on timescales.

What I'm saying is Steve sorry is that the request will be tidy and attachments can always be added manually if wanted.

Mike.