Task Visibility in the Timeline

Jeremy

We have lots of tasks in the system that we don't want the customer to see in the portal by default an example is below:

image.png.b47e42f9eac01929587111439119beec.png

How do we change this to be visible to 'Team' only as there are no settings per task in the BPM, is this the correct setting to change (below)?

image.png.6d5c3830f328ccc5fc3132082a07e0d1.png

• Like 1

@Jeremy

The setting you refer to (guest.ui.app.com.hornbill.servicemanager.operation.defaultVisibility) is the one I believe that controls the visibility of task, as there is no specific one for 'tasks' separately.

We too would like the ability to set this at a Human Task level in the BPM itself so that it can be overridden.

We have our set a Team and end up inserting timeline entries post task for those which need to be public.

Cheers

Martyn

• 3 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 14/09/2023 at 12:29, Steve Giller said:

The easiest thing to do here would be to set the global visibility to the lowest setting, and for the teams that want a Customer-facing update follow the Human Task node in the BPM with a Timeline Update.

@Steve Giller - Are there any operations other than Human tasks that this global setting affects?

Does this refer to automated timeline entries?

guest.ui.app.com.hornbill.servicemanager.operation.defaultVisibility 

I presume this setting would refer to manual entries? - guest.ui.app.com.hornbill.servicemanager.operation.defaultVisibility.update

I would like to add a +1 to the above to change visibility of Human Tasks in the Workflow.

We have scenarios where we would like different visibility of tasks and to add a Timeline update node to all of our workflows after each human task would be very time consuming.
Please would you add the above as an enhancement? 

Thanks

I have two open Premier Support tickets in this space. I believe there are defects in the application in relation to visibility:

1. "System Internal Context making 'Public' posts on timeline, when we think it should be 'Team'". We have this setting (guest.ui.app.com.hornbill.servicemanager.operation.defaultVisibility ) on "team" but system internal updates are still going public (only since the August release)
  2. "App setting for Updates to be "Public" actually sets them to "Customer"". When we have this setting (guest.ui.app.com.hornbill.servicemanager.operation.defaultVisibility.update) on "public", updates go out as Customer (not sure when this started but detected in testing)

I think the issue is more widespread than the above tickets and we are all experiencing it in different ways (there are a large number of "what's going on here" posts relating to visibility. I hope Hornbill have cottoned-on to this and are undertaking a review. For example, I detected FIVE different default settings (i.e. what the behaviour is when the value is set to Ignore) for the Timeline Visibility of Service Manager nodes; so we just cannot rely on "ignore" and must specify it every time:

I asked for clarity in this post and I must have a look to see if the documentation has yet been updated.

• Like 1