All Users appear to have been marked Not At Work on the system?

Adrian Simpkins

Morning

I have just noticed on logging on this morning that all our Full User accounts have been marked Not at work on the availability option in the profile - any idea why this is occurring? Also when I go into my profile to change it I do not appear to have the option to change my availability any longer, just shows Not at Work but cant click into it?

I am not sure how this will affect assignment of requests etc - can someone advise at all please?

Many thanks

image.png.dc9e5eff76b2d450ead241fac0b81bec.png

Edited by Adrian Simpkins
removing query

Is there somewhere in the admin settings I can set this for all users? I didnt see anything about this in any patch notes (maybe I missed it) and our whole business (apart from me so far as I have changed mine) is set to 'Not at work'.

Also is there a setting to remove the 'since xx:xx:xx' as well? It shows on the assignment list and makes it look a little like 'telling tales' if someone sets theirs late.

@Jack_Podmore

The way the status works now is quite different, each status has multiple attributes to control how the system reacts to certain statuses. You can go into the admin tool and see this new view where you can disable pre-defined statuses and also add your own custom ones if you want to as well
image.png
Gerry

• Thanks 1

@Dan Munns

Also is there a setting to remove the 'since xx:xx:xx' as well? It shows on the assignment list and makes it look a little like 'telling tales' if someone sets theirs late.

Its funny that, we had some pushback internally too about that exact point. I did wonder what other people might think, because actually this is really not a tale-telling strategy.  The changes to the status where made to provide a tool that helps replace an element of what is lost when everyone is remote working.  In the most simple example, your co-worker gets up from his desk, dons his Jacket and goes to lunch, you see him do that so you have a sense of what time he went to lunch, if you then needed to talk to him you would know, ahh he went to lunch at 12:30, he should be back in 20 minutes, and you can schedule your time accordingly. This is the primary purpose of the status time change.   So its about using the digital domain to allow users to "declare themselves" available/busy/not at work and so on, and in that context the time element seems like its relevant and important. 

I would have thought (but perhaps its just me), that its reasonable to ask employees to individual co-workers to maintain a reasonably accurate availability status, that can be very helpful for many things, and I would consider it being part of a coherent team.  If in your example, a co-worker feels they are exposing themselves to scrutiny if they eh hem *forget* (as I always do myself), then I can understand why you would ask for that.  Do you think its a requirement to be able to turn this off? Or do you think, as it seems to have been that case for us, that people will just get over it and see it for the positive purposes its been created?

We are also planning to add other features that will give co-workers a "sense or presence" and there will most likely be time elements to that too.

Same question to anyone else too. In an office environment this is less relevant, but in a remote working environment I would have thought it would be more beneficial than not.

Gerry

21 minutes ago, Gerry said:

Do you think its a requirement to be able to turn this off? Or do you think, as it seems to have been that case for us, that people will just get over it and see it for the positive purposes its been created?

I suppose it depends on how people use it. If staff feel that they are 'being watched' then they will just stop using it and be 'available' all the time. I did notice however that although I can see my time I dont seem to be able to see other peoples. I suppose it will need a little time to see how people react. I am just preempting the complaints about it.

Any ideas on the 'At Lunch' issue?

We would like the ability to remove/hide this, we have a telephone system with a status and Microsoft Teams with a status, we don't really want a 3rd status to update when we get up from our desks, it also has put people as Available who are offline so it's not accurate and shouldn't have to update it for people who forget.

Also we weren't notified that this was going to happen.

• Like 1

All,

There seems to be some confusion here. The Hornbill Automation in Service Manager provides the option to include or exclude Offline users. A user who's availability status is set to "Do Not Disturb" or "At Lunch" is still considered as online, or to align it with new terminology, they're considered as "Present At Work". A user who's status is set to "Out Of Office" or "On Holiday" for example is Offline. Gerry shared a screenshot above which shows the statuses that enables the "Present At Work" flag.

image.png

Also it appears that this has updated the Basic Users as well as the Users, as similar to others our basic users are all 'At Lunch'?

Although looking further I am 'Available' but in the searches for users etc I am 'At Lunch'

image.thumb.png.8f9b2ce2de8f1346f10d8a24c7371118.png

But also shows that I am online for accepting requests...

8 minutes ago, Dan Munns said:

If this could link into Teams/O365 it would be great

@Gerry as above:

it would appear that all users are also set to (At Lunch) somewhere. This is from a search under co-workers from the request list:
image.png.010040eee6fbc1123519ff2b3a05d9aa.png

@Dan Munns, I can't quite workout where "Co-workers from the request list" is? Are you referring to Main Menu > Home > Co-workers list?