Getting 404 page error when trying to jump to a request using Open on the Card

Adrian Simpkins

Hi All

Myself and one other User have noticed that today when we try to jump to a request from a Board (specific board is our Change Board) we are getting a 404 page error on some requests, whilst other requests open fine when we click on the Open icon.

Not sure why it works on one, but throwing the error on another - all in the same service, using the same BPM and PC etc

Many thanks !

image.png.5311c878954a048ea3228ba8e7279f74.png

image.png.adca798b35124076c6c02c3476c10a8f.png

image.png

On one of the links that isn't working can you have a look at the actual link.  You can do this by copying the link address and pasting it in notepad,  or if you hover over the link you will see the URL in the bottom left corner of your browser.  Compare this to a link that is working.  Once we know the differences between a working link and non-working link we may be able to back track to find why this is happening.  

image.png

• Like 1

Hi James 

Thanks for the tip - it appears the link has lost just this portion: servicemanager/request/view just on 2 requests that I have found. I checked both requests just to make sure all activities completed etc and both seem fine. Any idea why this may have occurred please?

Thanks as always

Difficult to say.  Are this being added to a board automatically as part of a BPM workflow?  Or are some requests manually added to the Board and others automatic?

I'm going to assume that they are being added via the BPM.  It is possible that these two requests are running older versions of the BPM workflow where the adding to a Board wasn't done quite right.  You can always look at the BPM Instance using the Manage Executed Processes for these two requests and compare to a request that worked.

image.png

It might be that the key wasn't originally set up right.  It should be the variable for the request ID.

image.png

Hi James

I think these were raised on a working BPM for change, but to be honest I have had a number of iterations of our change process as we try to get it to a state the CAB is happy with.

Our BPM would move the Card through the Lanes on the Change board via activities (sometimes we may have manually moved it first then updated the request after CAB)

Its not a massive issue as these 2 that I have highlighted are now in our Authorised at CAB/Awaiting implementation Lane so we should not have to jump to the request again during CAB. I will keep an eye on it, and see if any other requests throw the same issue at any point (We have CAB this afternoon so will see if the issue comes up then)

Many thanks

Hi James

Just as an update I went through all our change requests this morning - total of 64 - you can imagine the fun :) I found 8 requests in total which had lost the link all in varying Lanes / stages in the lifecycle. They appear to all be raised against versions of our change BPM where other requests are retaining the link having gone through the same processes. Some of these other requests are in Lanes which will require CAB review at some point, so the 404 will appear in our meetings at some point - the CAB manager is aware though so will work around these as they appear.

As mentioned above, its not a massive issue but it is causing a little frustration in our CAB meeting when trying to jump to one of the requests with the broken link so if I could get to the root and resolve it I would have a happy manager ! I will go through the requests again and check the versions as advised, then post back again with the results if that's ok

Many thanks!