Filter Email Templates to Only Show my Service Templates

Chibamba

Hi,

In our setup we have three (3) support desks all setup with to use different email Templates. There  is  quite a few of these. Is there a way of setting this up so Analysts can only see the templates belong to their service e.g. Service Desk A only see A templates etc? At the moment they have to scroll through a list of other templates for different services.

Thanks

Chibamba

• Like 1

Hi Chibamba 

we had the same issue with our service desk seeing email and resolution snippets for other teams (as well as other teams request list views) - this was because I initially added them as a member of other teams where they needed to view a request, or provide support to customers calling into the Service Desk.

However, I then realised through configuring All My Services we could still access requests where the team has been added as a supporting team on the service portfolio setup without them needing to be a member of teams they support, and therefore seeing any associated snippets and request list views. I am unsure of your configuration so you may not have made this mistake like myself :) I am currently unpicking this and advising the teams how to access requests going forward using All My Services as the source for checking on requests they need to support or provide an update on (very handy for our Service Desk as they are our phone portal into us, and most supporting teams do not take phone calls).

Thanks both for the information. Apologies for the delay in responding

@James Ainsworth I will look forward to an update on this and thanks for adding me to the change.

@Adrian Simpkins  Will try your method and see if it works for us too, it does appear though that our setup is slightly different to yours. Thanks though for your time.

Chibamba

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

This has been a long outstanding request, we are having a look at whats involved here. I am not familiar enough to make any real assesment at this point, and its a bit concerning that according to the above that supporting teams in the service portfolio somehow influence the visibility of these email templates, that seems a bit odd to me, but I will find out and see what we might be able to do to make these more manageable at scale. 

Gerry

• Like 1

The following roadmap item has been added to the 90 day commit for the Hornbill platform.  This will include a number of of addtional improvements all designed to help working with large numbers of email templates more workable for our customers.  We are aiming to ensure current behaviour is not disrupted, but you will be able to take advantage of the changes progressively and in your own time

image.pngimage.png

• Like 3