Searching by Tag not returning all Tagged documents

Will J Douglas

Hi,

I'm having issues with a document not appearing when I search by tag.    The search returns 9 documents with the tag but not the 10th.

I've deleted and added the tag again as well as deleting and re-uploading the document but it still wont appear in search.  

The document does appear when I search for other tags on the document.

Is there a limit on how many documents a tag search returns?

Any other issues that might be causing the problem?

Regards,.

Will.

Hi Will,

I was just wondering if you were to navigate to the Tags option under Document Manager

image.png

And then select the Tag Management icon to list all of the Tags that have been created.

image.png

Confirm that the tag is in the list and if there is a number next to it which indicates the number of documents that are associated.

I'd also be interested to know the tag that you are using which doesn't seem to work.  

@James Ainsworth

When I got into Tag Management I see the tag

image.png.c92095d0e39f7116773398b5631dc26a.png and it has the correct number of documents.  The document is published to Information Security and Data Protection Library.

When I click on the Tag in Tag Manager is shows the document

image.thumb.png.a28230667bef4bee662f0843672f06b6.png

When I search by tag, it only returns 9 documents. -   it is the Data Breach Process document that is missing.

image.thumb.png.2a2ae1ea7b40d7e7a12771ee1864f950.png

@TrevorHarris  I'm the owner of the document  and can see all other documents posted into the library

image.png.84ec62e7cc8197c41a1dcfd75aeecc17.png

Below you can see that I'[m the owner and where the Tag is applied.

image.png.f820c0931cd227c04cd5ecb7393c7035.png

Regards,

Will.

image.png

Hi Will, 

The next thing that I'm looking at is indexing.  If tags are using as part of the indexing of documents, it may be that for some reason this document wasn't indexed.  

There is a Library index.   You could try performing a re-index.  

You can start with performing a New re-index and test again.  

More information about indexing can be found here

image.png

hi @Will J Douglas,

Just loooking at the screenshot posted, the filter at the top of the documentlist page isn't the tag search this just filters the current view by document/description. 

The tag search is accessible in the main search bar by selecting Document and clicking on the Search by Tags option in the advanced search

image.png

Thanks

Trevor H

Hi @TrevorHarris

I tested and confirmed that yes, I was filtering instead of searching by Tab.

I then logged in as an end user (basic) and the the UI is confusing.   I can't see an option to Search by Tag.

I can either view the Tag Cloud or view My Documents.

The "Search Box" is the Filter box.

image.thumb.png.b8707c4982dadd6248d94aa0906fe732.png

Right below the Filter box the Tags are listed.

If I click GDPR it filters me 10 documents.  If I type GDPR, it is filtering by Title / Desc and not by Tag so I only see 9 documents.

I would expect the same response here whether I click the Tag or type it in ( as an end user I do not know the criteria you are using for the filter.)

I appreciate I can fix this just by adding GDPR to the description of the document, however it is a little confusing, especially when I have the more limited access of a basic user.

Regards,

Will.