Disable the Auto-Archive of Users In Horbill

Chibamba

Hi there, 

I am a newbie HB admin and supporting a new HB Instance. Of late I have noticed that inactive Users are being archived by the system and I have to manually unarchive them for my Helpdesk Analysts to use.Is there somewhere I can turn off this feature as I am being asked now and again then to unarchive some users. Also, I am not too sure if these are inactive user but would be interested to know what criteria the system uses to archive these.

Thanks and apologies if this has already been asked.

Regards

Chibamba

@Chibamba

First place to check is the configuration you have for your user imports. If your users are imported from LDAP, this will be under the Admin menu item. 

Home>System>Data> Data Import Configurations

Under User Options tab, you may have defined an action to update a user's status to archived. 
image.png.3f401a5de7de6fa9d498cca97b740c1e.png

@Chibamba 

You are most likely importing contacts ( external customers) from an SQL database.  Please see https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/SQL_Contact_Import for more information.  The conf.json updates the contact status. It seems you may have a number of these configured and one is updating the status of contacts to archived i.e. 

"contact_status":"2"

@Mary

I dont think this answers my question. All I am after is to change the way the system is current setup. Contacts are getting archived when they should not. Is there a switch somewhere to change this. I am not sure we have an conf.json. If there is, I have not been made aware of. Should I post this on our Support Portal?

Thanks

Chibamba