Unable to attach a newly created SLA to any Services

Adrian Simpkins

Hi All,

Its been a little while since I have added or amended or SLAs, and today I have setup a new Test SLA to look at testing and implementing the auto escalation triggers within the SLA config.

However after setup I am unable to see this to add it to our existing Services  (I wanted to add it to my Test Service) - I can see the 2 old existing SLA's but this new one is not showing at all when searching. Has anyone else encountered this at all please? I could not see anything missing on the new SLA configuration when doing a side by side comparison to our 2 live SLA's!

Many thanks!

@Adrian Simpkins i've just tried to replicate but it seems to be working ok

I created a new Corporate Service Level Agreement

image.png

Then went to an existing service, and tried to link it as below, and it seems to work as expected (and there are existing SLA's) linked to the service.

image.png

Could you confirm if you've added a corporate global service?  if you have added a service specific one, it won't be available to use on any other service, therefore would not be returned in the search

Corporate Service Levels are created here, and then available to any other service:

image.png

Service Specific one's are created in the service view, and will not be available to link to other services.

image.png

Could you share some screen shots of your configuration, if it is not the corporate vs service specific SLA issue?

Hi Steven.

Yes only seeing the other 2 SLA's with the MSE prefix (the other SLA for procurement is not fully setup)

However just setup another one called MSE - Testing Again and this has appeared with no issues? The only thing different in the MSE - Test SLA that I setup earlier is it has some config around auto escalation.

Should I recreate it from fresh again and see what happens then?

Many thanks

@Adrian Simpkins maybe try linking the MSE - Linking SLA to your test service and then go back into the SLA (change the name if desired), add a basic SL Target, and basic auto escalations.

See if this is then visible to be linked to another service

If it is, perhaps it is something to do with the MSE - Test SLA, perhaps something went wrong on creation etc.   if you can't see the new one on other services, then we can explore if there is specific auto-escalation actions which are causing an issue?

I've added some auto-escalations and i can still see and link that new SLA to my service, i am hopeful it is not that. 

• Like 1

Thanks Steven, I have added the new SLA to a service fine, and I have also added priorities and escalation rules, and it is attached to the Service with no issues. Must have just been some weird blip on the first one - I have deleted that now and will work with this new one

Many thanks for the assistance !

• Like 1