Manually Open Closed Ticket

Chibamba

Hi there,

I hope everyone is fine and forgive me, I am a newbie to hornbill and I supporting a new instance. Not sure if this has been asked but I would like to manually open a closed ticket. I have checked the wiki, support forums and general google searches but all I am getting is Re-opening with an email. I am able to find the closed ticket and open/view  it,  but I cant see any place where it says re-open. Is it a question of roles as I am setup as admin. Thanks in advance for your help and apologies if I have posted this in the wrong chat.

Chibamba

Hi @Chibamba

Welcome and thanks for the post.  If you want to manually reopen a closed request you will need to make sure you have the "Full Access" role for the type of request you are trying to open... 
e.g. to reopen an Incident you will need the role "Incident Management Full Access" or Problem would be "Problem Management Full Access" role.

Details of all of the available roles can be found here https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Service_Manager_Roles

Hope that helps,

Kind Regards,

Dave

Hi @David

Thank you for your prompt reply. Yes, I dont have the Service Request Full Access role, so that seems to have been the issues. I have requested to be added that role. So another related question, when I get the role, where do I go to re-open the request? Will there be some button somehwere in the ticket?

Cheers and Thanks for all your help.

Chibamba

@Chibamba

Great, yes after you have the role and have logged back in, if you view the request there should be a resolve/close tab now shown in the set of action tabs at the top of the request, select that tab and there should be a button option to reopen.

Kind Regards,

Dave