Mapping Field ID to Email Subject Line

aykut.boyraz

Hello,

We have an incident process which is set to pass on the ticket information to another Service Desk team at another company. Upon receiving the email from Hornbill, their system is set to auto-generate a new ticket and email back their new ticket reference.

As we currently do not have an API connection between the two systems, we've created a manual tasks for our analysts to manually capture the this new reference and add it to our Hornbill ticket.

What I would like to be able to do is to then use this reference number to add to the end of our email subject line for it to auto update the correct ticket on their system.

Within the Human Task, the field requesting the new system's reference number has been configured in the following manner:

image.png.7ec0566d54aa383ddcf33ed53e7d1b2f.png

I have come as far as having the Field ID for the entered reference number but not sure how to progress further. Do I need to map it to a custom field and then use it in the Subject Line? Or can i use the Field ID in the Subject Line of the email template?

Thanks in advance.

Aykut

@aykut.boyraz your spot on with using the custom fields.

So after your task with custom field:

* Use update request > Custom Fields - use the variable picker to inject the value from the task custom field

* Do a request get info

* Use an email template and include the custom field from the request (the one which you added the mapped too

in your email template include the custom field (you'll need to add to the body, and then cut and paste it into the subject line

image.png

@aykut.boyraz on a side note, if you have the Hornbill iBridge Module and  the other company are using Jira (cloud or on premise), you can achieve this as part of your business process and or from a custom button on a request form - and it will bring you back the Jira reference number which can be auto populated into a field of your choice:

https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Hornbill_iBridge

https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Jira_Cloud

https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Jira_On_Premise

You can also use the OOTB integration to comment on their tickets, and even update / close them via this integration  :)  

Thank you for your quick response @Steven Boardman,

I unfortunately don't fully understand how to do the first two steps of your advice: 

"* Use update request > Custom Fields - use the variable picker to inject the value from the task custom field

* Do a request get info"

Is there anything i can read up on that can help me understand and configured this correctly?

On the second point, I do believe we have the the iBridge Module, but at this stage, I don't think we want to spend too much effort setting this up - as we do not know when this will go live at this point. However, we can definitely think about this as a CSI piece.

Regards,

Aykut

@aykut.boyraz no problem

After your task in your business process

Add a new node - Hornbill Automation > Service Manager  Entity > Requests > Update Request > Custom Fields

In the custom field you want to use, change the drop down to Variable then using the icon on the right of the field, launch the variable picker

image.png

From the tree, find the task expand and find the Jira question and use the Inject button.

image.png

Now this is added to the request custom field, you just need to load the latest request info before using an email node which relies on the custom field

So:

Add a new node - Hornbill Automation > Service Manager  Entity > Requests > Get Request Information > Request Details

image.png

Follow this with an email node and the email template you want to be sent.

Re the iBridge - great you have access too it, it will be nice and easy to set up (when your ready)

Hope that helps