Expired tasks in a BPM

HGrigsby

Hi 

We are having is with the expiry of a task, which should move the process on to the next stage if it expires

What I want to happen:

• The task ‘Has ID and/or authority been received’ is generated
  • The request is put on hold
  • The request comes off hold one minute prior to task expiry
  • On expiry the process should continue and update the resolution text and closure code before moving stage

What is happening:

• The task ‘Has ID and/or authority been received’ is generated
  • The request is put on hold
  • The request comes off hold one minute prior to expiry
  • The task passes the expiry date and just remains as is, it does say it has expired at the right time.  The process only moves forward if task manually completed.

I am sure it did work when we were testing but it doesn't now.  Can anyone help us out?

thanks Helen

Ricki BPM.PNG

Hi @Steven Boardman

No - unfortunately it didn't, but did work when we copied it over to our test system, which doesn't help at all! 

The problem just seems to be that the tasks don't expire so it doesn't carry on as it should.  

I thought that tasks would change to expired after they had gone over the time, but they show as below

Does this help any?  I can log a support call if it would help?

Helen

task.png.1da372faebc17c9801c4f697a90cad45.png

right-to-erasure.draft.bpm.txt

@HGrigsby i've just run your process up on my test instance, and the task expires as expected, and the process moves forward using your existing configuration :(  

I had to refresh my request to see the task move into the expired activities section, but it definitely expired, and the process got the expire flag, and moved on and branched accordingly to the resolution stage.   

1. Process has completed, and is closed

image.png

2. If i refresh the ticket, the task jumps form the assigned to the expired list in the UI, but the process has already picked up on the expire in the backend, and moved the process on

image.png

Does the process complete - i.e the head's Up Display and status change to resolved and then closed?  is it just the task in the UI which hasn't updated? but with a browser refresh, this catches up?

If not a UI refresh issue, then it might need to be logged with support, as the process seems fine on mine and your other environment, so perhaps support can take a closer look to see what is happening on your instance?