Change Board - configuration question

Adrian Simpkins

Hi All

We are currently trying to finalise our CAB approach using a CH request in conjunction with a Change Board. We have configured our Card View so that it displays some key data in the actual Card so as to negate the need to open the whole request when in CAB. However, I was unsure how we keep these data fields updated as it moves through the request lifecycle as the data is written on the 1st card, then it just moves along the board with a card move node. Is there anyway to refresh this data each time it moves on the board at all? just in case the status changes, or the call is assigned to new owner, or the implementation date changes (I don't envisage the other data changing whilst the request is active) Or would I just insert a move card node followed by an update card node?

With our configured card view it shows like this (2 images as have to scroll down the displayed data)

change4.png.a79685ba94a4a24af2d5b353750d0d1e.png

change5.png.6346ed956838102a00a28c6a255555b2.png

Many thanks

Adrian

change1.png

change3.png

change2.png

• 3 weeks later...

Bump for the above, along with another question:

I have setup our Change process so that the request gets added by the BPM to our Incoming Lane, then we are manually moving the card within the Change board. However, when the request is completed and the BPM reaches the remove card from board Node I am getting this error: Xmlmc method invocation failed for BPM invocation node 'stage-b58b4204/flowcode-1653adb0': 0200 apps removeCard FlowCode Exception (com.hornbill.boardmanager/entities/Card/fc_bpm/remo...

I am presuming we can just have an add to board and remove from board, and we would be able to manually manipulate the data within the Change Board? 

Many thanks

Hi @Adrian Simpkins

You are correct you should be able to move the card in the board and the remove from board should still work can I check, in order to remove the card you will need to call get card info first to get the card id which you can then pass to the remove from board node.  So your Get Card Info would look like:-

image.png

and then you need to pass the card id returned from that to the remove from board node like:-

image.png

Regarding your first question, as I understand the data on a servicemanager card is kept upto date automatically if you select the servicemanager - change Request or similar card type.  But its not possible to customize what fields are being displayed on the card when you do this it will alway display the id, summary and status.  If you are customising the fields displayed then you will need to manually update the details on the card

Thanks

Trevor

Hi Trevor, 

Thanks for the update - I will have to take another look at the bpm card nodes. However, what we are looking to do now is just add the change to the board at the outset of the request, then we will move the card manually on the board, so as long as this is done manually it retains the tailored data we have in the details (activities are not mandatory as yet on our processes, and I am struggling to get buy in from the Users to utilise activities so I had to look at another way we can manage the data in the board).

So the only thing I need to resolve is the removal from the board at the end of the BPM, this appears to throwing an error at the moment

Many thanks

Hi Trevor 

With regards to the remove card nodes - I have a Get Card Info setup like your example, followed by the remove from Board node - both seem to have the same configuration. I have run another test today and still getting the error below when it reaches the remove from card. Previously I had move card nodes set against each activity stage, but now I have just one add card to board when request is accepted, and one remove card from board in the closure stage in the BPM

Thanks

Get card info config:

image.png.11aad7644f77660e96b4b5c6342b9375.png

Remove Card config:

image.png.fb0083faea619d45c66a46f547688777.png

Xmlmc method invocation failed for BPM invocation node 'stage-b58b4204/flowcode-1653adb0': 0200 apps removeCard FlowCode Exception (com.hornbill.boardmanager/entities/Card/fc_bpm/remo… 

Unfortunately, theres nothing obvious that I can see wrong with any of you configuration.  The only possibilty I can see is that get card info is not retrieving the card, is it possible it has been removed form the board manually?  I will add some more error handling into the next release of Boardmanager to see if that can help identify the problem

Thanks

Trevor

Hi Trevor

I have 2 versions of this BPM - one has just an add node in the 1st stage, then a remove node in the end stage. The other has an move node after each activity and this one works fine end to end and removes the request from the board. The only difference in the new one is I have removed the move nodes after activities, so just the Add / Remove Card nodes in the start / end stage. 

Not sure if only having an add then remove node is causing the issue perhaps?

Thanks

Adrian

• 1 month later...

In case anyone else has a similar issue:
After the BPM was created the Board that the Card was being placed onto was archived and the new version of the Board was created with the same name.
The Add to Board node was updated to use the new Board, but the Get Card Details node was not - as the Boards had the same name the node settings appeared correct, but they were pointing to different Board IDs

One to watch out for!

• Like 1