Scheduled Reports - Email or Notifications?

Michael Sharp

Hi, one thing that gripes me at the moment is the lack of scheduled reporting by email - is there a design reason for this?

Email isn't particularly a necessity if I could at least get a Hornbill notification for example to go and view it?  Ideally I would get a notification like this:

image.png.84c61b5bb3f9b10536a7f041e45dd54f.png

Reports I find require a stern discipline at the moment to actually go and get each individual one and review them which is just not practical and would be good to know how other customers are handling this?

Regards,

Mike.

@Gerry @James Ainsworth @Bob Dickinson @Martyn Houghton @samwoo 

@Michael Sharp scheduling the emailing of admin console reports is already available, and is on the list to add to the Service Manager app reports

image.png

If you are publishing reports to document manager right now, you should get a Hornbill notification like below, each time a new published version of the report updates the report document itself

image.png

• Like 1

@Martyn Houghton my understanding of the document story (which is due shortly), is that it will allow you to associate documents to a service, and those documents will then be visible to those subscribed users of the service, available on both the employee and customer portals.  I'll have to defer to @Ehsan @James Ainsworth on the finer details.   

• Thanks 1

HI Martyn,

The relationship will be with the Service and not a specific customer.  So the subscription to the service would control the visibility.  The solution also provides the linking of documents within libraries (documents that have been published) to a Service, but does not let you set a specific library to a service.