Systems Capture - Tracking phone calls to Service desk

Hi,  
So our Service manager has been built before i started and it works fine. I know want to record when someone calls the service desk and they raise a ticket for the Analyst to record if it was via Phone call. 

Basically what im trying to achieve - end goal -  How many phone calls to Service Desk receive. So the only way i can think of is having a field something in the ticket to log this. Im not sure the best way to go about this which will be the simplest and effective way. 

Some things to bare in mind - 

1, So we need to record the number of phone calls coming in 

2, Also sometimes people raise tickets via portal or an email which is fine but then after call up to chase this so this would cast as a phone call stat

I guess from reports i can run on Honrbill i can see who logs via the service portal and who has logged via analyst. I guess i want to achieve something like attached.

Any advice where i should start so it can be a simple change?

Thank you Hornbill

Contact methods.PNG

18 minutes ago, Shamaila said:

Hi,  
So our Service manager has been built before i started and it works fine. I know want to record when someone calls the service desk and they raise a ticket for the Analyst to record if it was via Phone call. 

Basically what im trying to achieve - end goal -  How many phone calls to Service Desk receive. So the only way i can think of is having a field something in the ticket to log this. Im not sure the best way to go about this which will be the simplest and effective way. 

Some things to bare in mind - 

1, So we need to record the number of phone calls coming in 

2, Also sometimes people raise tickets via portal or an email which is fine but then after call up to chase this so this would cast as a phone call stat

I guess from reports i can run on Honrbill i can see who logs via the service portal and who has logged via analyst. I guess i want to achieve something like attached.

Any advice where i should start so it can be a simple change?

Thank you Hornbill

Contact methods.PNG

image.png.a77d4288bea8e7580dba0c0dc90a589a.png

The options for source include Analyst, Chat, Email, Post, Request, Self Service.  When a customer calls in to the Service Desk it will be the Analyst that logs it and these currently fall under this source.   Now, there are options.  There is a BPM Hornbill Automation that lets you update the source.  You can use your own sources as part of this BPM Hornbill Automation Request Update.

To make this work smoothly,  you can enhance your Progressive Capture.  Using a Branch node in Progressive Capture, you can test to see if the source is analyst.  If it is, then present a custom form that lets the analyst select if it is an incoming phone call, or maybe in-person, tweet, text message,  or any other type of source that you would like to use when an analyst is manually raising a request.   Use the response on the Source Selection custom form in the BPM workflow to update the Source field to this selection.

Example Progressive Capture   

image.png

Thank you @James Ainsworth The below is option i wish to go head with as we do strongly use the default Source provided by Hornbill (don't want to touch these). 

My question is in our progressive capture app we have 3 pages of these. Would i have to go through all of these and add the above step advised by you or can i just create a 1 flow which will cover this? I kind of need more information and guidance how to implement this ? As i don't want my one move to break all the flows by adding a few Source captures. I would like to capture in-coming call and made by person  in additional to what Honrbill already have as Source capture.  

'To make this work smoothly,  you can enhance your Progressive Capture.  Using a Branch node in Progressive Capture, you can test to see if the source is analyst.  If it is, then present a custom form that lets the analyst select if it is an incoming phone call, or maybe in-person, tweet, text message,  or any other type of source that you would like to use when an analyst is manually raising a request.   Use the response on the Source Selection custom form in the BPM workflow to update the Source field to this selection'

Thanks in advance 

My suggestion would have to be applied to each Progressive Capture and BPM where you would like this to be used.  Once you have done one Progressive Capture and associated BPM,  for the other workflows, you can copy and paste individual nodes from the tested Progressive Capture and BPM. This way there is less chance of making a mistake than if you were to recreate each time.