Contract Duplicate - not working

Agata

• 6 months later...

@AlexTumberHi Alex,

We have just come up against this. It appears that this button simply does not work at all and contracts cannot actually be duplicated. 

Is this still on the list to investigate? The business case for this is that when we renew a Contract we don't want to take the easy option update the expiring contract with the new dates as we would lose the 'paper trail'/history. The duplicate option removes the need to create a new Contract from scratch.

• 1 month later...

@AlexTumber Hi Alex,

I think I need a helping hand here! This is what the update says:

image.png.e0fb84f68d1ae279ac2c60a065db5d03.png

I can see that the Duplicate Contract should now work (the button does now become activated but we haven't had a need to run it just yet). I presume that this is the fix mentioned above and the subject of this forum topic.

However I can't see any 'Additional functionality' for renewing contracts - is that linked to the fixed duplicate process?

Also (and somewhat unrelated to this Forum Topic) I can't see how Supplier Details and Contracts are now visible in Asset Management. I haven't been able to find anything myself and there is no updated wiki page that I can find.

@Frank Reay no worries.

The duplicate contract functionality works as follows; I've added some screenshots to give you an idea of what it looks like.

1. Your current contract with attachments and assets.

2. The 'duplicate contract' action. By default, the start date is set to the day after the end date of the current contract. The currency value is also pre populated based on the current contract.

3. Clicking 'Renew' opens a popup window and displays all of the current contract information that will be applied to the new contract on the left set of tabs.  The right side tab contains details of what will happen to the current contract once it is renewed/duplicated. By default we set the status to archived and post a message to the supplier timeline but you are free to edit the details yourself. All details can be adjusted based on your requirements.

4. The financial section of the contract. 

5. The attachments section of the contract. By default, all attachments are copied over to the new contract. Just uncheck the ones you don't want to copy over or deselect them all.

6. The assets section of the contract. By default, all assets are copied over to the new contract. Just uncheck the ones you don't want to copy over or deselect them all.

7. Clicking 'Renew' generates the new contract. If you configure the new contract to have a status of Active and the Current/Old contract to have a status of Archived, the system will archive the current/old contract automatically. A new section is added to the right hand side of the child contract with a link back to its parent/the contract it was created from.

8. The current/original contract - which has now been archived. A new section is added to the right hand side of the parent contract with a link to the child contract it has created. A contract that spawns a child contract can no longer be renewed/duplicated so as long as the child contract exists the option will be hidden. If you delete the child contract for example, the option will become available again.

Regarding supplier details with Service Manager assets:

Although the supplier manager update has rolled out, the functionality won't be available until the next service manager update goes live. The update for this was pushed to the live app store this morning meaning your instance should automatically upgrade tonight. If you want to do it now however, you'll need to log into the Hornbill Admin Tool with administrator permissions and update the service manager application manually.

Once you do update, this is what you'll see:

1. A new section will appear on the right hand side of a service manager asset with basic details of the supplier the asset is associated to.

2. Any active contracts that the asset is associated to will display below the main supplier details. All contracts that are currently within their defined dates are shown in green. Any contracts that are out of date are shown in red.

Looking forward to hearing how you get on with the new functionality.

Alex

Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 20.48.07.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 20.48.30.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 20.48.59.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 20.49.15.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 20.49.24.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 20.49.36.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 20.49.59.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 20.50.25.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 20.50.45.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 20.50.54.png