Account Type change from user to Basic

RE:  Home System /oganisational Data\Users

Just to confirm I am the systems Admin for Honrbill in our company and have the full acess.

Background:: So my predecessor who was the Service Desk Team leader has  left its been approx 6months. His Account type is set to user and he is suspended.

The question i have is he created a fair about of documents within document manager, change process, lots of work flows and im sure alot more etc. If i change him to Basic i see the below prompt. Will i loose all this. The last thing i want is to change him to basic access and we loose everything ? Is there a way for me to get everything assigned over to me which was his documents? 

Demoting a user account to a basic user will delete this users Personal Buzz, Personal E-Mail and files stored in their My Library, as well as removing any user privilege level roles, please confirm you want to do this

I confirm I wish to demote user account

Rather than changing this user to be a basic user, as they are no longer with the company, it would be better to archive them.  You can do this by going to the user's list and selecting the checkbox next to their name and click on the archive button.  Archived users can be reinstated where as changing an account to a Basic account will remove a lot from the account which can't be retrieved.  Also, a Basic user will still be listed in your system.  You will still see them as a user, whereas an archived user is hidden from view.  

image.png

This is super useful info @James Ainsworth  Can you confirm that the previous owner created alot of the work flows and change management side if things - these wont be lost if i archive them ?
Also when we archive them is it good practice to demote them to a basic user too ?

You don't need to demote to a basic user.  Probably best practice to keep them as a full user, but archived. That way you can easily reinstate their account for any reason.

Workflows won't be lost when a user is archived.  Nothing is removed when you archive a user.  An admin will still have access to all the workflows created by them.  And if for some reason you do run into an issue, as mentioned above, you can just reinstate the user.  

On 7/10/2020 at 11:43 PM, James Ainsworth said:

You don't need to demote to a basic user.  Probably best practice to keep them as a full user, but archived. That way you can easily reinstate their account for any reason.

Workflows won't be lost when a user is archived.  Nothing is removed when you archive a user.  An admin will still have access to all the workflows created by them.  And if for some reason you do run into an issue, as mentioned above, you can just reinstate the user.  

Great i have archived them and also assigned their workspace to me which i think is the right thing to do ? 
When i archived the users i can still see them visible as users in the users org list ? @James Ainsworth