Auto Tasks - Help

I am trying to set up an auto task for us to be able to resolve linked requests, I have managed to get the custom button to work however the action doesn't work as there is no way to set the closure category, or set the resolution text etc. When I click the button it runs and says that it is completed, but is does not resolve the linked requests... Node settings are as this, but is seems a lot of options are missing...image.png.270b411b3ce8505edb64948ceb14473e.png

@Jeremy in your auto task, do you resolve, categorise, and change the status to resolve or closed for the primary request?  if so do you then do a get request info before using the resolve linked requests option?  If i do this, then my linked requests are resolved, inherit the resolution category and resolution text from the parent ticket 

So very much like using this node in a standard business process, this node is expecting and using the resolution text and category from the parent ticket, therefore there are no input params for this given node - you would need to take care of the resolution text and category in earlier nodes, then get request info, and then update linked requests

Let us know if this helps, or if you are still having any issues

@Jeremy yep gotcha, but in the auto task process, you still need to get the info to pass down to the linked requests - so you can still set the resolutions text, category of the primary ticket via the auto task (not the process running on the primary ticket), using the usual nodes in the process designer, then get the request details and resolve the linked requests, all from an auto-task

The auto task can:

* Use process nodes for setting the resolution details

* Look for manually set resolution details

* can use  injected resolution details into resolution fields from task custom fields etc run from primary business process

All on the ticket the auto task will be run from, then in the auto task you get the request info and resolve the linked requests

All my testing was done purely using auto-tasks not a standard bpm 

Here is what i am doing in my auto-task resolve-linked.draft.bpm.txt

@Steven Boardman thanks for this, it worked. My only issue is how to get the specific information that we need into the resolve text, ideally I guess a text box should appear to ask for the resolution text... I also believe that these auto tasks can't have human tasks in them in this correct?

@Jeremy correct, one aspect of auto-tasks, is that they don't Pause  (suspend) - so no tasks / approvals / or pause for info - they can only use information on the request. 

Obviously what you can do, is use the conditions of the custom button to only make the option to resolve the linked requests once the Primary / Parent ticket has got to a particular point - i.e it could be a task which updates the resolution, and a custom field - and the visibility of the resolve linked requests custom button is visible once the custom button value is set.

I suppose with this, the option to manually update the linked requests from the resolution box is pretty much the same.

Is there any reason you were looking to do this via a custom button and not from the resolve action which allows the resolution of linked requests OOTB?

image.png

image.png