PCF not returning Assets

Jeremy

When we try to choose assets in a PCF (form) on the portal it does not return many assets but when raising a request in the analyst side there are there. Please can this be looked into:

Raising a request:
image.png.38730fadb5df723b68b11b756d94bf34.png

On the portal:
image.png.51fe7334ca51e9826e57fb38b45c9b76.png

Guest Mohamed

Hi @Jeremy

Just to confirm, in the Portals are you using the actual Assets form or a Custom Form with a data query to get the assets? 

Regards

Mohamed

Hi, I have come across the same issue just now - unable to find any assets in a request using a custom field converted to Asset selections, but if we use the specific pre defined asset node in the PC it works fine. Most of our PC's have use the pre defined asset picker in the PC but I do have a number where I have a custom field set to be the asset picker -

If you need any examples please let me know (NB this was working aok the other week so unsure why not working now)

Many thanks

Adrian

Hi Mohamed, thanks for confirming - is there any mooted live date as this is affecting a lot of our requests and causing issues for customers, which in turn is increasing the phone calls and emails for the Service Desk :)

Thanks !

Guest Mohamed

Hi @Adrian Simpkins @Jeremy

After speaking with the development team, the build should be out next Tuesday.

We understand the urgency for the fix, however, we need to ensure that the build including the fix goes through quality control before going out 

Hope that helps

Regards

Mohamed

Guest Mohamed

Hi @Adrian Simpkins

Ahh, that always happens isn't it! :lol: Hope you have a great time off :)
But yes, the fix should be out next week and should tackle the issue 

Always happy to help

Mohamed

Guest Mohamed

Hey @Adrian Simpkins ah that's great to hear! (More time to enjoy your time off ;))

Also just to confirm, after to speaking with the developers, once the update is installed you should be all good to go, nothing more is needed :)

Hope that helps

Regards

Mohamed

Hi Mohamed, I have noticed another issue with Assets within our processes so thought I would just mention it here! 

So any of our Progressive Captures that require an Asset captured have this set as mandatory. However, when raising a request for a Customer just now, I noticed it let me bypass this field as the Customer had no associated assets, whereas I would expect it to not let me pass as it is set to True (Asset field on this PC is the pre defined Asset Form). Thought it maybe related to this 

Thanks!

Guest Mohamed

Hi @Adrian Simpkins

So that sounds like a different issue since the previous one was regarding a custom form, returning the assets via data query, whereas the Assets form has wider functionality

To understand the issue better, the assets form do you also have visibility of other tabs outside of the "Customers Assets" tab, such as "All Assets" or "Shared Assets" for example, have you configured them to be visible? 

Hope that made sense :) 

Regards

Hi Mohamed, they have all asset options set to No so all visible. The forms also include guidance to select All Assets if there is no shown associated Asset.

Just noticed it is now not capturing the asset and letting you bypass it if there is no associated asset, which it did not do previously - it forced the asset capture if no known associated asset shown, or if the shown asset not correct they could search for another.

Thanks

Guest Mohamed

Hey @Adrian Simpkins 

Thanks for getting back to me and clarifying those steps, they've been really helpful. Much appreciated! :) I've raised this issue with the with the development team 

Regards

Mohamed

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Mohamed

Hi @Adrian Simpkins

On 7/8/2020 at 7:17 PM, Adrian Simpkins said:

Hi Mohamed, I have noticed another issue with Assets within our processes so thought I would just mention it here! 

So any of our Progressive Captures that require an Asset captured have this set as mandatory. However, when raising a request for a Customer just now, I noticed it let me bypass this field as the Customer had no associated assets, whereas I would expect it to not let me pass as it is set to True (Asset field on this PC is the pre defined Asset Form). Thought it maybe related to this 

Thanks!

Our developers have been trying to replicate and resolve the issue mentioned, however, we have been unable to replicate it. Whenever we try to set up the scenario as mentioned, it works fine i.e. the asset form doesn't allow for us to progress further if the form is mandatory

Have we missed something in our testing? Are there are any further steps / changes required to replicate the issue

image.png

Regards

Mohamed

Hi Mohamed,

This issue appeared to go away following a recent update to Service Manager so I just presumed the issue with assets also affected how the PC forms were functioning. I have since tested this and it is behaving as expected now in that if we do not have an associated asset it lets us find one, and if there is an associated asset which we do not click 'link' on it advises we must associate an asset. Most importantly though, is it will not let us raise a call without attaching an asset !

So in short all appears to be working now as expected, apologies for not updating you

NB I think the update it worked after is: New Update: Hornbill Service Manager (1993)

Many thanks