"Contact Us" in Footer - Variable per service domain?

Michael Sharp

Hi, I would like the ability to be able to adjust the details in the Contact Us footer on the employee portal depending on the service domain.  At the moment, it seems to be one set of details for all service domains which is confusing?  Unless I've missed something?

Mike.

@Michael

Just had a quick look at this, and just wanted to ask, what was you expecting/hoping to see here? For my own perspective, I am not sure the employee portal requires postal address information for example, this is a bit of a hangover from when the employee and customer portals were sharing one codebase.   Would you see it useful to have address details in your scenario? or are you trying to show different contact details (ie. email, telephone etc) per service domain?

Gerry

Hi @Gerry we're starting to look at how we can self-service other support departments within the business and thought service domains would be the best point of call to save creating a new company for each one.  The support departments are all within the same company (i.e. JMW) and would have thought for IT, facilities, postroom as separate service domains, we could publish the corresponding email address and telephone number on each page?  Will DM you screenshots of the scenario and you will see the issue with the footers.

Regards,

Mike.

Hi @Michael Sharp,

I understand the requirement and it definitely makes sense to have different contact details per domain. I'll add it to our list but is not a simple implementation and we have quite a big backlog, so it won't be soon.

As a workaround, what you could do is hide the footer (in the admin tool) and add at the end of each domain page (or on top) a free text widget with the contact details you want to show. I know is not the best, but for now it will achieve a similar look and feel.

Regards,

Daniel.

• 7 months later...