Automatic Reopen

RIchard Horton

We'd like the capability to automatically reopen a resolved service request when there is an email. Just for one of our mailboxes. We realise that if people reply with "Thank you" that will reopen it. I gather this isn't feasible. Is there any interest in this  ? 

Thanks

Richard

PS I think I've probably raised this under the wrong category

Hi Richard,

It may be possible to use some of the suspend Hornbill Automations to keep the workflow going while the request is in a closed state.  As long as you have not reached the end of the workflow, even with a closed status you can continue to have automated processing.  I don't believe that we currently have a "Wait for Customer Email" Hornbill Automation, but there may another that helps with your requirement.

• 1 month later...

James, thinking about your response makes me curious about something related but not quite the same : 

If a ticket has been closed but the workflow is still open and the ticket creator sends an update email what would happen ? Would it get added to the ticket and update the last updated time ? When the workflow is closed it does not get added. 

Thanks

Richard

Hi Richard,

On 8/21/2020 at 3:31 AM, RIchard Horton said:

If a ticket has been closed but the workflow is still open and the ticket creator sends an update email what would happen ?

This would depend on your settings.  The updating of a request is not impacted by a completed workflow.  A completed workflow just signifies that there is no more automation.  

image.png

• 4 weeks later...