How to turn off chat?

lee mcdermott

Hi,

Setting Live Chat to disabled should prevent people from creating new chat session however to remove the link completely from the customerportal you should remove the Portal chat Session User role from your custome portal account, you can do this in the admin tool under:

Home > System > Manage Portals > Portal Accounts > customer

and remove Portal Chat Session User from the authorized role field 

If you have basic/full users assigned the chat role you can remove them from 

Home > Application > Hornbill Live Chat > Role > Portal Chat Session User

Select the user tab (the last one) ticket the checkbox at the top to select all users and click on the delete button

Thanks

Trevor H

@TrevorHarris

thanks trevor.

I will remove the role from everyone.

There maybe a bug in the system then as I have the options set as above but can still start a chat session. The pop up wasnt there, so i clicked the live chat link and the message on screen was we are closed, then I went back to home page of the service portal and the chat icon popped up and i could start a session?

@TrevorHarris

Hi trevor,

I am still having trouble trying to switch this off. And people are still accessing it. I tried deleting as below

Home > Application > Hornbill Live Chat > Role > Portal Chat Session User - Select the user tab (the last one) ticket the checkbox at the top to select all users and click on the delete button.

However it only lets you delete a page at a time when selecting all. We have 11,000 users..so nearly 450 pages I would have to go through and manually delete

I then tried removing the role from the import config profile ( this is how I added the Portal Chat Session User to all users in the first place)

So I deleted the role saved it, ran the import thinking as it is set to create and update it would update the roles by removing that one I just deleted. But it hasn't changed anyone's roles (or at least it hasn't removed the Portal Chat Session User)

Any ideas how I can remove the roles from everyone?

thanks

lee

image.thumb.png.5897000c125e1933bc353c482e8de5ce.png

@lee mcdermott

Sorry, didn't realise the select all will only removing the current page, not sure how you could easily remove all the roles without uninstalling the application then :(

Looking at the bug you described above I think there is a problem with the Show SelfService Popup option, not only is this not working as expected it seems it prevents the other settings from being applied.

Could you try enabling this setting but keeping the Enabled setting set to false as shown below, this should prevent the popup from showing when you navigate back to the home page.   Will look to get this bug fixed ASAP.

Sorry for the problems

Trevor H

image.png