Schedule - Constraining the times

NickH

Afternoon all,

The owner of our change process has raised a point that users aren't allowed to raise changes that span more then 'x' amount of days or are 'x' amount of days in the future. I.e users shouldn't be able to raise a change 3 months down the line that lasts for 5 days. I don't think we can presently put any constraints around the schedule (?) but can we request a feature be added so we can help our workflow confirm to our internal Change Process?

Thanks!

Nick

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your post.  I'm interested to know at what point in the change process does someone set the schedule? I ask as there are ways to control date selection in progressive capture when you are initially raising the change.  You could get the initial start and finish dates using a custom Progressive Capture form and then using the BPM, automatically populate the change schedule.  You can lock the Change Schedule on the request form so that only authorised users can change the schedule.  Or do you need to set the date later on, after it has been raised?

Regards,

James

• 2 months later...

Hi James,

Apologies for the slow reply on this one, it dropped off the radar a bit. Currently we set the schedule once the change has been raised, so using the schedule button on the actions bar. I think setting during progressive capture might not work for us as it's conceivable the timings might not be known at the stage of raising the change, for instance we might raise the change to then step through it with our customer so we can come to agreed timings.

Regards,

Nick