ITOM Automation Outcome

Added my first 'add to AD group' automation into a BPM and it works exactly how I would want but I need the helpdesk to be able to see that is has done what we want so they don't have to perform any manual verification. 

I was using a decision as it shows the following options and I configured it so if successful it would update the timeline and checkpoint and if it was anything other than a success it would update the timeline to say verify the addition. 

However, regardless of the outcome I always get the no match result. Is there a better way to do this?

image.png.d45e70d99e53b2fd95be8876466b5d8e.png

Hi @AndyHill,

The Active Directory Management Add Group (the Result Reference defaults to "ADGMAddGroup") will provide an (hopefully unset) "errors" response and an "outcome" response.

They should be selectable under the "IT Automation" Variable Picker. You might want to rename the "IT Automation" node so the specific one you want (assuming there are more than one IT Automation nodes) is more easily findable.

Hi @AndyHill,

Not off hand - and I guess I would need to go through a few iterations to potentially capture all - or check AD's documentation.

The easiest way to find out would be to add the outcome as an update to a dummy/test request.

I would be more inclined to check the "errors" response. IF it is at all set, then the absence of errors would be either empty of any text or it would be set to 0.

@AndyHill

"outcome" should be "OK" (when all went OK) or nothing at all (at the moment :- it should be "FAIL" or "WARN" depending on the issue). At the moment anything that fails will not have any responses from the script at all. In this particular instance "outcome" and "errors" are NOT populated when anything fails. We ARE working on this, so a future version will populate "outcome" and "errors" appropriately.

Please keep an eye out for a new version of the "Active Directory Group Management" package.