IT Service Management Connector tool from Azure Support

Adrian Simpkins

Hi All

I wanted to ask if the IT Service Management Connector tool from Azure is supported at all  please? We have checked the supported products but did not see this mentioned. Specifically looking at logging calls automatically based on thresholds set within Azure.

Many thanks!

Hi @Adrian Simpkins,

No, the IT Service Management Connector in Azure currently does not support Hornbill - but there's no reason why you couldn't use a combination of Azure Monitor, Azure Automation and the PowerShell Runbooks and Modules that we have provided (and are available from the PowerShell Gallery, or from the Runbooks and Modules galleries in Azure Automation) to perform the same functionality... You could (and this is VERY high level) add a Runbook to Azure Automation that takes relevant inputs and makes a call to the Hornbill API to log an incident (examples), then configure your alerts in Azure Monitor to call that Runbook when the thresholds are breached. It's been a while since I set up Azure to do that, but from what I remember it was fairly straight forward...

I'll add a task to our list to investigate what needs to happen to become a supported tool in the Azure IT Service Management Connector, but the above should get you going in the meantime.

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers,

Steve

• Like 1