Business Process - resolution dependent on previous manual task

Alisha

Hello,

I have a Business Process query.

I'd like to have two different resolution outcomes based on the tasks on the previous stage. 

For example, in the second stage, if a task is completed, I'd like it to move on to the third stage (resolution stage) and automatically resolve the request and send an email to the customer. However, if the task is not completed in the second stage, I want it to move on to the third stage and use a suspend node and wait for a manual resolution. Is that possible please? I've had a look but can't see a way of making it work because the task is not on the third stage.

Any ideas on how to achieve this would be gratefully received.

Many thanks,
Alisha

@Alisha here is an example of how you would implement the above suggestion in the workflow. Upload this test workflow in your instance (use a new temporary test workflow). You can delete it once you had a look and know how it works.

test.draft.bpm.txt

Regarding what custom field to use to store the outcome: ideally it should be a custom field that you know is not being used anywhere else, either via mapping in PCF or earlier in your workflow. You can also opt to overwrite a custom field but only if you know you won't need that particular value anymore.

• Like 1

Regarding the "Update Request Custom Field" node in the above workflow example: when selecting the value for the custom field, click on the variable selector, navigate to the task, expand it and select the Outcome variable. Like this:

image.png

Do not copy the value that is in the example workflow because it's referencing task IDs and these IDs are unique per workflow so it will be different in your workflow. This is why you need to do the avobve step to set the value for the custom field.

• Thanks 1